Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

HTML Website

Started by Alvajoy123, April 11, 2017, 03:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 11, 2017, 06:19:27 PM
Erm, this looks just like you saved the Monthly CW Project Award page or the portal with the poll in HTML then uploaded the source code. That HTML file looks identical to when CodeWalrus fails to load its CSS.

Yes, and the source is nearly line - for - line the same.

Also, I'm no JS expert, but I learned a lot (namely the basics) from this site.

I suggest you check it out, it's pretty helpful.
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Unicorn

Quote from: Switchblade on April 11, 2017, 09:45:45 PM
What is front end and back end?
I guess I don't need to worry about PHP.  Can't you use Python instead of Java?
Front end is the user interfacse, what the user sees on the website, and backend is the serverside stuff where passwords and posts or whatever is stored, iirc.

HTML is the ui part, its a markup language so its all about the visuals, and js is the thing that powers html, the client side code that lets specific users run things without having to go to the server and back to the client. (this probably isnt a very good explanation, and i guess java? or php? (i dont know much about those, just starting to dabble in web dev myself) is fthe serverside language, what ckontrols the bacend. i also believ you can use c# for backend as well, if you use vs.

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???