The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by DJ Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Omnimaga

I fixed it by copy/pasting the CSS but for some reasons other buttons appear to not work, still, for some people. I'll check later, but it's possible that I forgot to copy some code that I am unaware of. (@Streetwalrus is the one who wrote the script)

DJ Omnimaga

er I mean styling. There is some CSS that makes some of the button so that they're clickable and others not. I copied it in the Microcat theme but I don't know if there was something else I had to copy there in order to sync the button behavior between both themes.

p2

todo for me:
creating a script for better graphical representation of the post count of certain users (top posters) including future prediction as well.
Maybe in Java, idk yet ^^ (AutoIt's graphic libs seriously suck, so it's either gonna be first swift project or second java project)
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

DJ Omnimaga

It would be nice if it could run from CW server so the extra stats could be embedded on the site

Sorunome

Quote from: p2 on March 05, 2017, 10:36:44 pm
todo for me:
creating a script for better graphical representation of the post count of certain users (top posters) including future prediction as well.
Maybe in Java, idk yet ^^ (AutoIt's graphic libs seriously suck, so it's either gonna be first swift project or second java project)
Just write it in PHP + GD so that you can make like userstats.php?id=1337 or so and it'll output an image :P
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah it would also allow us to embed it on every profile page dynamically. (like on Cemetech)

p2

Which means I have to learn PHP... <_<
or do a Java servlet and let a REST-service grab the JSON output which a client-sided JavaScript will then turn into some nice graphics... <_<

I think I'm gonna draw it by hand... 9_9
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Juju

Nah, PHP + GD with data taken directly from lovingly hand-crafted SQL queries is the best solution.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

I'm not even sure what the GD stands for... :ninja:

but yay I just remembered I once learned SQL :D
But I never actually worked with it... :/

Juju

GD is the library to dynamically generate images used by PHP. It's a pretty nice thing you should learn it.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

p2

which means we go back to learning PHP first xD
which will probably not happen anytime soon... :-/

Sorunome

This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Juju

No, seriously, according to Wikipedia, "gif draw".
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DJ Omnimaga

Lol, I remember when CW domain name showed the above pic at first in October 2014 or so. I thought the ghost was a walrus without its tusks at first. :P

Also some site updates:

-reCAPTCHA was installed on the registration page
-Users with zero posts can now post web links again! (including Youtube videos, Imgur/ourl screenshots, etc), although they will show as non-active for the time being (we're checking to see how effective reCAPTCHA is, first, in case)