The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalrusIRC - An OmnomIRC rewrite

Started by Juju, January 16, 2015, 08:14:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Flippanteer

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 30, 2016, 04:40:10 pm
Is it me or sometimes when I type text it sends by itself while I type it? It's very rare and only happens on mobile. o.o

I tend to use a mobile IRC client, it's pretty hard to navigate the site irc on mobile.

DJ Omnimaga

For me the main issue is that the text often doesn't wrap properly, so some of it is cut off. But in general it works fine.

c4ooo

Well, could be worse. OmnomIRC is completely broken on mobile last time i checked :(

DJ Omnimaga

I am sure it's just iOS Safari bugs striking again. But they're disconnected from EFnet since a while ago apparently.

Dudeman313

Or maybe not. Also last time I checked, OmnomIRC was also broken for Opera Mini on Symbian OS. <_<
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

DJ Omnimaga

Is Symbian OS an Apple OS? On iOS, all browsers use the same rendering engine IIRC.

Juju

Symbian OS was one of those OSes that came before the smartphone era. As in, probably pretty old, small res and outdated, I'm not sure anyone would make apps for it anymore.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dudeman313

Quote from: Juju on May 02, 2016, 05:44:51 am
Symbian OS was one of those OSes that came before the smartphone era. As in, probably pretty old, small res and outdated, I'm not sure anyone would make apps for it anymore.

TI-83 was one of those calculators that came before the CE era. As in, probably pretty old, small res and outdated, I'm not sure anyone would make apps for it anymore.

Yet people still do. :trollface:
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Juju

True. Don't expect anyone to make a full web browser on it that actually work and isn't a proof of concept, though.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah true. Most people probably won't bother due to low demand.

DJ Omnimaga

By the way there is a bug with WalrusIRC settings: If you change your settings in the shout-box, then they don't propagate to the full-screen chat and vice-versa, so if you want to change the backlog length in the shout-box it will only change the shout-box backlog length and not the full-screen backlog length.

DJ Omnimaga

@Juju you should make Walrified so that post notifications go to https links instead of http

Juju

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah true. I just thought it would be more consistent :P

Snektron

It would be pretty handy to allow small sections of monospaced code, including newlines. It could be capped at just a few lines though.
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...