The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalrusIRC - An OmnomIRC rewrite

Started by Juju, January 16, 2015, 08:14:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Omnimaga

May 23, 2015, 03:10:41 am #240 Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:27:37 am by DJ Omnimaga
You should make WalrusIRC so that the timestamps always appears in the box no matter how long lines of text are, so when someone posts an ultra-long link we can still see the timestamps of newer messages.

Edit:

Text wrapping issues in WIRC.

Snektron

Yeah i've noticed that too. Also there appears a weird bar when you upload something to img.codewalr.us
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah when I drag an image in the box the box scrolls down by about 25 pixels and if I release the mouse button I miss the text box. >.<

Juju

New features!

- Whenever you get highlighted and the chatbox isn't focused, the title flash with a message!
- Also desktop notifications, enable them with top left Walrii menu > Options > Enable desktop notifications and grant the permissions!
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Streetwalrus

Awesome, it works pretty nicely ! :D

Juju

Thanks, glad this update works fine ^_^

Also another update that impacts pretty much nothing but probably speed, maybe: the easter eggs are now integrated in the repo!
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Streetwalrus

Looks like the notifications still get sent when disabled btw.

Juju

Lemme try something. Does it work now?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Streetwalrus

Can't say, PC is off now. Idk how I'm even awake lol.

Juju

Well it works for me, anyway. Gotta commit this, along with duplicate code deletion. ^_^
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DJ Omnimaga

May 26, 2015, 11:44:27 am #250 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:53:02 am by DJ Omnimaga
It would be nice if we didn't get highlighted when Walrified (or any of its alt nicks) posted. :P

Also a bug report: pokes persists after page refresh, which shouldn't happen.

And being able to disable them entirely would be nice

Snektron

Can you maybe disable (or make an option to disable) notifications from walrified? i now get a notification every time i post and it's kinda irritating

Juju

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 26, 2015, 11:44:27 am
It would be nice if we didn't get highlighted when Walrified (or any of its alt nicks) posted. :P
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 26, 2015, 12:59:51 pm
Can you maybe disable (or make an option to disable) notifications from walrified? i now get a notification every time i post and it's kinda irritating
That should probably be done, yeah.

Also a bug report: pokes persists after page refresh, which shouldn't happen.
It's a known bug: the backlog don't trigger the notifications thing, unless it's the last line. Gotta figure out a way.

And being able to disable them entirely would be nice
That too.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DJ Omnimaga

Maybe have it trigger the notification thing only if you are on the page and not on refresh?

Snektron

I still get the scrolling bug <_< its really annoying