* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Why does Recent Posts always go to the last post?  (Read 901 times)

Offline JosJuice

• Full User
  • Disabled shoutbox mode
  • Post Rating Ratio: +0/-0
Why does Recent Posts always go to the last post?
« on: January 06, 2015, 01:02:36 pm »
Hi! I didn't see any general site help topic, so I thought I could make a topic about this problem I've been having. Like with most forums I'm on, I try to read all new posts, and I've been using Recent Posts to do this. However, when I click a topic link, my browser always scrolls down to the last post in the topic, regardless of how many unread posts there are, which makes it annoying to keep track of what I need to read to catch up. Am I doing something wrong, or is this not working like it should? I've also tried clicking the "New" button instead of the topic links, but it doesn't seem to be clickable.

• Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

Offline Streetwalrus

• Professional slacker
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • Post Rating Ratio: +20/-0
  • ƎW∀⅁ ƎH⊥
Re: Why does Recent Posts always go to the last post?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 01:12:49 pm »
Well, it's more the fact that the mod we currently use for the recent posts list that's kinda crappy. We asked the Omni team permission to use theirs but they didn't reply yet.
  • Calculators owned: TI-80, HP 40G, TI-84 Plus rev G (yay 128k RAM), TI-83 Plus Silver Edition (broken LCD), TI-82 Stats.fr (black), TI-Nspire CX rev C (yay Nlaunchy), TI-83+ SE ViewScreen

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +95/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Re: Why does Recent Posts always go to the last post?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 04:33:52 pm »
We tried to ask permission to Omnimaga to use Cooliojazz's recent posts mod one month ago, but their admins have yet to take a decision.

And the default SimplePortal mod is buggy as it only shows a random amount of new posts ranging from about 29 to 32.

If someone can contribute their own, let us know.

On a side note, welcome to the forums JosJuice. Feel free to introduce yourself here. :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:49:26 pm by DJ Omnimaga »
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games