The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.

CodeWalrus: Now with ads!

Started by Juju, October 07, 2016, 10:07:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Juju

Yeah, looks good on desktop, the real problem was on mobile.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron



if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

c4ooo

Looks good on android in chrome. (Although in horizontal view, I have to scroll the ad left to right, but not in vertical)

DJ Omnimaga

Strange, shouldn't the horizontal scrolling have been worse in vertical mode?

DarkestEx

Project wunderful only allows credit card and paypal. That's a problem for some potential advertisers.
I quite like their approach however :)

Juju

Yeah, I totally love their approach, which is why we went with them. Most people can pay with Paypal or credit card, and Paypal supports bank accounts, the only problem I'd see is if you're underage and I think you need to be 18 to advertise.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron



if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on October 08, 2016, 10:19:52 pm
Yeah, I totally love their approach, which is why we went with them. Most people can pay with Paypal or credit card, and Paypal supports bank accounts, the only problem I'd see is if you're underage and I think you need to be 18 to advertise.

No that is not the problem but paypal does not work for some people including me

Juju

Oh. What's the problem exactly?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron



if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on October 08, 2016, 10:32:55 pm
Oh. What's the problem exactly?

I am not able to create a Paypal account as it needs personal verification here in Germany which I don't want to do.

c4ooo

Quote from: DarkestEx on October 08, 2016, 11:06:31 pm
Quote from: Juju on October 08, 2016, 10:32:55 pm
Oh. What's the problem exactly?

I am not able to create a Paypal account as it needs personal verification here in Germany which I don't want to do.

Would using an american proxy work?

Juju

Oh, if it's some German law you deem stupid, not much we can do, other than getting help from someone who have Paypal as a proxy. You still probably can donate to us, depending of what means are available to you and me to send money internationally.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron



if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on October 08, 2016, 11:15:11 pm
Oh, if it's some German law you deem stupid, not much we can do, other than getting help from someone who have Paypal as a proxy. You still probably can donate to us, depending of what means are available to you and me to send money internationally.

I can only wire nationally. I would need to use the local Paypal to connect to my account. Maybe in a few years I will get myself a credit card and that should solve the problem with bank accounts.

Quote from: c4ooo on October 08, 2016, 11:10:41 pm
Quote from: DarkestEx on October 08, 2016, 11:06:31 pm
Quote from: Juju on October 08, 2016, 10:32:55 pm
Oh. What's the problem exactly?

I am not able to create a Paypal account as it needs personal verification here in Germany which I don't want to do.

Would using an american proxy work?

Unfortunately not. It's a bank thing not an internet thing :/

DJ Omnimaga

Germany became North Korea? O.O

Also should the forum nav be above the recent posts block?

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 09, 2016, 12:00:12 am
Germany became North Korea? O.O

This is PayPal's rules not any special laws. They want to prevent fraud.

DJ Omnimaga

Ah ok. Is it just that they require being 18+ or just that you don't want them to get your personal info?

Streetwalrus

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 08, 2016, 08:38:30 pm
Strange, shouldn't the horizontal scrolling have been worse in vertical mode?

It's probably switching to the "tablet" view. I forgot to check that out.

Quote from: DarkestEx on October 09, 2016, 12:04:42 am
This is PayPal's rules not any special laws. They want to prevent fraud.

Weird, I have two paypal accounts (one in france and one in IL) and I didn't have to confirm anything with them.

Powered by EzPortal