Alternatively, join us on Discord.

Pokémon with walruses on a TI-84 Plus CE?

Started by DJ Omnimaga, September 05, 2016, 11:52:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

p2

He did lose it ... to his evil calculator-hating parents...  :ninja: :'(

@Dudeman313 did you try loadign a ROM dump on a virtual machine on your computer? ;D
That might be a solution as they (hopefully) wouldnt take your computer, too ^^
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dudeman313

I did that, but CEmu doesn't function properly on my computer because it is old as so darn crappy, but still semi-pleasantly usable.
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

DJ Omnimaga

Have you tried running it at 50% emulation speed and lower frame rate? Or does it just crash or cause errors? I forgot. An alternative would be using WabbitEmu instead if you plan to stick to pure TI-BASIC or if Doors CE 9 comes out, but then that would require getting an actual CSE to get the ROM for legal reasons. It's also not guaranteed that Wabbit would run any better if your PC is so old.

Dudeman313

My PC was made for Windows Vista and has unchangeable Open GL 1.1 graphics because the graphics card is part of the motherboard. It cannot even boot CEmu, unless I use the Windows XP version, in which the keyboard mapping still doesn't work at all for me.
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

p2

anoher option would be using LinuxLiveUSBCreator to get a bootable Linux USB (using any ISO of your choice) and retrying it on Linux then :) That should generally speed up your system and graphic performance :)
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Unicorn

Quote from: Dudeman313 on October 14, 2016, 12:10:43 am
My PC was made for Windows Vista and has unchangeable Open GL 1.1 graphics because the graphics card is part of the motherboard. It cannot even boot CEmu, unless I use the Windows XP version, in which the keyboard mapping still doesn't work at all for me.

Yeah, using linux could be a solution... Grab a 16 gb flash drive, as well as an 8 gb one, then create a bootable ubuntu install disk, and install to the 16 gb flash drive, and when you want to use CEmu, reboot to your flash drive. Or you could partition and do the same thing without a 16 gb flash drive :P

Split this into a help topic maybe, @DJ Omnimaga ?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: Unicorn on October 16, 2016, 06:14:05 am
Quote from: Dudeman313 on October 14, 2016, 12:10:43 am

Yeah, using linux could be a solution... Grab a 16 gb flash drive, as well as an 8 gb one, then create a bootable ubuntu install disk, and install to the 16 gb flash drive, and when you want to use CEmu, reboot to your flash drive. Or you could partition and do the same thing without a 16 gb flash drive :P

Split this into a help topic maybe, @DJ Omnimaga ?

His computer works fine with the latest version of CEmu :)

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah it might be better to make a new topic or continue in the CEmu thread for help and support. <_<

kotu

Quote from: p2 on September 21, 2016, 08:23:25 am
@DJ Omnimaga: It was me, this is the pic: Walriick :3
(except if c4ooo made one, too, and we got two rick walruses now) >.<

DJ you have to include the Walriick. He could be a special boss

Wish I was working on this :D

Any news?
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

DJ Omnimaga

I'm still considering including some of the 2nd generation walruses, but it might either be as expansion or as 2nd game version. Eg I could have Pokéwalrus White and Pokéwalrus Green, with the green version including the newest Walrii, along with 50 of the 1st gen ones.

And sadly no update. Increased real-life duties have severely impacted my free time and I'm also quite tired lately.

p2

dont push yourself DJ, we understand you have oter duties, too :)
Also it's normal to have phases in which you just dont make any progress at all. Speaking of myself, I'm working at displaying even the first stupid tile since more than a week now... :/
Just be sure not to completely stop the project, ok? :) a few minutes a day will be enough ^^

Also @kotu lol you really like it that much? It was jsut ment as some stupid joke ^^

kotu

Quote from: p2 on October 19, 2016, 07:45:09 am
Also @kotu lol you really like it that much? It was jsut ment as some stupid joke ^^

it has power
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk