November 17, 2019, 06:23:25 pm

News:

Juju thinks he's so clever by putting funny stuff here

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Zarmina

Started by Juju, August 24, 2016, 05:44:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Juju

Update! I finally got around to add some pictures and music, at least on the French side, have fun :) I intend the art and music part to be a huge collaborative effort, so yeah, gonna be cool.

http://zarmina.xyz/fr/
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

rowan_futurerave

I can help if you want.

Juju

Update!

I'm mostly done writing the first 3 chapters and chapter 4 should conclude the introductory arc. If everything goes well. That arc will be kinda short, but it's setting up for the rest.

Oh. And I haven't planned this, but I have a cover for that arc now.

you want to see it?: ShowHide

Speedpaint! (thanks Katsuke :))

[spoiler=more bonus]
With that, I think I should have enough to print it :)

Wish me luck.

[/spoiler]
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Juju

I haven't had a ton of time to work on it, but the first 3 chapters almost done by now, along with some music I'll get composed in the next few weeks or so :) Oh, and guess what I got in the mail...

I have 500 of them, gonna distribute them at the anime con this weekend :)
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Juju

Status update!

- It's gonna be rewritten. Again. This time using Ren'Py, yes it's gonna be a visual novel. And it's going to be interesting. Figured it will be better this way, and I'm getting not too shabby at drawing.
- I'm gonna ask for a government grant from one of their programs for entrepreneurs so I can work full-time on it and setup a full fledged game studio company or something so I can hopefully live from it and I can actually commission and pay people better than me to make some assets for me. Yeah, one can dream... (Buy my game once it's done! Make it memeable! I dunno! That was a long sentence!)
- I can already name some people who will help me on this endeavour, but obviously, won't name them yet until they'll actually help. (@DJ Omnimaga, yes I'm still gonna use your songs if you still don't mind, that's one person I can name :))
- I'm gonna stream development on Mixer and Picarto when I can (could do Twitch but they made 2FA required and I can't be assed to set it up yet), so follow me there I guess.
- Other than that, yeah, I dunno, wish me luck ^_^
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DJ Omnimaga

Hopefully this gets finished and use the art from the previous incarnation of Zarmina. I liked that art. Are you gonna use a Visual Novel Maker? (It's by the same company that sells RPG Maker but it's expensive)

https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/visual-novel-maker

Juju

Quote from: Juju on October 18, 2019, 03:48:05 amRen'Py

Didn't knew the RPG Maker guys made a VN maker, though, looks pretty interesting.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DJ Omnimaga

Hm I never heard of Ren'Py before. Is it free? Visual Novel Maker is kinda expensive so you would need to wait for a sale.

Juju

October 26, 2019, 05:46:24 pm #53 Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:49:04 pm by Juju
Free and open source, yes. But of course I guess you need more programming skills.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN