CodeWalrus Website > Site News & Announcements

CodeWalrus'es Post Notifiers

(1/1)

DarkestEx:
Hello, walrusses! :walrii:
This is my first news post, now being a news editor, so let's get rolling:

A while back this and last year, Cumred_Snektron and I were creating official real-time post notifiers.
Unfortunately many new users and even some of the die-hard walruses that have been with us since the beginning of CodeWalr.us are still not aware of them.
So I would like to present you the two post notifiers today:

CodeWalr.us Post Notifier (works on Windows, Linux and Mac)

The PC notifier works well on Windows, Linux and Mac.
On Windows, it requires .NET framework and GTK-Sharp.
Linux and Mac need a full installation of Mono and the respective GTK packages.

The notifier allows configuration of audio notifications, visual pop-ups, the design of the UI and allows ignoring posts based on parameters such as title and content.
Other useful features include a customizable update interval and gzip compression to save you bandwidth.
The Source code is available under the terms of the MIT License on GitHub.
A discussion topic can be found here.

You can download the ZIP archive with all the libraries from here: http://data.bmuessig.eu/Projects/CodeWalriiNotify/Builds/CodeWalriiNotify_1_5.zip

On Linux you can run the following command-line in your terminal to install the notifier:

--- Code: ---wget http://data.bmuessig.eu/Projects/CodeWalriiNotify/install_on_linux.sh && chmod +x install_on_linux.sh && ./install_on_linux.sh && rm install_on_linux.sh
--- End code ---

Walrifier (works on Android)

The Walrifier works on Android only (sorry iOS people! :P) and displays notifications through the Android UI.
Cumred_Snektron kindly released the source code on GitHub.
It's features include bandwidth saving and a configurable interval between checks.
The original topic can be found here.

Download the APK directly to your phone from here: http://quantuminfinity.space/files/Walrifier.apk

xlibman:
Thanks for the well-detailed post and news. I mostly used Cumred's notifier due to hardware issues on my PC a few months ago but I recently started using your notifier again. I'm glad it's being updated again now.

I'm still looking at how to make the notifiers more visible but maybe I could just link to this topic above the Recent Posts section and front page. The shorter text would allow me to increase it size without being intrusive too.

p2:
you should probably update the screenshot and use another one since a text about a naked dead man on the front page of CodeWalrus is really not the best idea <.<

DarkestEx:

--- Quote from: p2 on August 21, 2016, 12:00:16 pm ---you should probably update the screenshot and use another one since a text about a naked dead man on the front page of CodeWalrus is really not the best idea <.<

--- End quote ---
I will do that soon. Probably that evening. But I am away right now and can't change it.
At least you got front-paged ;)

--- Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 19, 2016, 08:19:03 pm ---Thanks for the well-detailed post and news. I mostly used Cumred's notifier due to hardware issues on my PC a few months ago but I recently started using your notifier again. I'm glad it's being updated again now.

I'm still looking at how to make the notifiers more visible but maybe I could just link to this topic above the Recent Posts section and front page. The shorter text would allow me to increase it size without being intrusive too.

--- End quote ---
I will soon look into updating the notifier and fixing some issues and finishing some features. I might also do an update to the server-side software.

Yes, a front-page link would certainly help spreading the notifiers.

p2:
Okey :)
I'm even double frontpaged since both posts were from me :D  :love: such an honor  O.O

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version