Alternatively, join us on Discord.

Claw development system, a multiplatform programming platform [multiplatform]

Started by DarkestEx, May 07, 2016, 05:33:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

I case you are wondering why the development slowed down a little, I am having an internship at CERN (http://home.cern/about) right now.
Though I still managed to find some time reworking the variable pool and fixing and improving certain aspects of the virtual machine.

DJ Omnimaga

Good luck with your internship DarkestEx. :) I'm glad there is still some progress being done on Claw, though. By the way, is @Cumred_Snektron  still working on it too? I remember he wanted to make his own language, but I forgot if he merged his project with yours (otherwise it looks like we'll have three community TI-84+CE languages lol).

SiphonicSugar

I've been waiting for more reasons to get the CE.  :P
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

DJ Omnimaga

You can always get one immediately, even if ICE and Claw aren't out yet. In the meantime, you can use TI-BASIC with CE Textlib or Sprites v2 :)

Ivoah

Is there a possibility of Claw being able to target a GBA?

DJ Omnimaga

I guess it depends what are the minimum requirements for it. It was originally designed for the Microcat, which had a  128x128 LCD and a small amount of RAM, so that could help. CPU speed isn't a factor I think.

DarkestEx

Quote from: Ivoah on May 18, 2016, 01:43:59 am
Is there a possibility of Claw being able to target a GBA?

That would absolutely work.
Claw needs a minimum of 50KB of FLASH storage and a minimum of 512 bytes of RAM.
It is not at all affiliated with the microcat project anymore and is aimed for many screen sizes.

alexgt

Nice! that sounds like that would be cool ;)

DarkestEx

Quote from: alexgt on May 18, 2016, 12:08:45 pm
Nice! that sounds like that would be cool ;)

Thanks, I hope so too ;)

The size of the TI-84+ version will be a lot, lot less than the C version as it will be a total rewrite that I am planning to do at some point.
Though the other platforms can easily run C programs and therefore just use the official C version I am working on.

DJ Omnimaga

When you say 84+, does this now rule out a TI-84+CE version? O.O

Snektron

There is C support for the CE, that means it will probably run on that with minimal effort
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 18, 2016, 04:10:50 pm
When you say 84+, does this now rule out a TI-84+CE version? O.O

No absolutely not though I can't make it 84+CE version myself. But I will try everything to make it easy for one CE developer to port it. As Cumred said, a it is C, porting is easy anyways. My part will be PC, Arduino, TI-83+ and TI-84+. Also I will do the assembler.

DJ Omnimaga

Ah ok good to hear. For some reasons a lot of people seems to ignore the CE or favor the Nspire CX for big projects, even though it's a much more open platform. In most cases though it's because people prefer C++ and want to avoid C at all cost, and the CE lacks C++ support

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 18, 2016, 04:30:10 pm
Ah ok good to hear. For some reasons a lot of people seems to ignore the CE or favor the Nspire CX for big projects, even though it's a much more open platform. In most cases though it's because people prefer C++ and want to avoid C at all cost, and the CE lacks C++ support

Well I hope that it's compatible with both. Claw is pure ANSI C.
I personally avoid the color calcs always as I don't have nor need one but I still love to have compatibility.

DJ Omnimaga

Well, it seems like Cumred has a CEmu ROM anyway so that can help, and others can probably test if you can't access a 84+CE yourself. Just focus on the versions you primarily work on and maybe other people can help porting it. In any case, make sure it's functional first lol.