The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] ICE Compiler

Started by PT_, March 25, 2016, 08:14:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

p2

well it did look like a really nice game but I didnt expect it to look that cute in the end, I really like it  :thumbsup:
what happens if you "shoot" multiple times without moving? WIll a single snowball then be able to break the stacked arrows all at once? ^^

the only thing that might be optimized is the death... I think the snowballs should continue falling down after your death but then sink in 50% an freeze (so you have snow hills in the end) instead of them disappearing ^^
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

PT_

Quote from: p2 on December 26, 2016, 12:24:52 am
well it did look like a really nice game but I didnt expect it to look that cute in the end, I really like it  :thumbsup:
what happens if you "shoot" multiple times without moving? WIll a single snowball then be able to break the stacked arrows all at once? ^^

the only thing that might be optimized is the death... I think the snowballs should continue falling down after your death but then sink in 50% an freeze (so you have snow hills in the end) instead of them disappearing ^^

Thanks :D Well, you can't double shoot, without 1 powerup, so you can't break a ball immdeiately twice ;)
You mean that after death, all the balls will only fall once, and then 'melt at the ground'?

Btw, a second game/puzzle is incoming :)


DJ Omnimaga

That's some fast puzzle-solving PT :P

Nice job, though :D

PT_

Last update:



I will only change something if someone asks ;)

Side note: the shuffling looks fast, but it can be even faster, because I added a Pause in it

DJ Omnimaga

Oh, now you gave me an idea for a new ICE feature: Inverted rectangles and Inverted filled rectangles. xLIBC and HP PPL both have this and it's quite nice. Otherwise, a color shift feature like xLIBC (eg color 0 becomes color 5, color 10 becomes color 15 and color 255 becomes color 5) has would work as well.

If it's too hard to implement as rectangles then on pixel basis would do the job as well


Nice game update by the way :)

PT_

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 30, 2016, 06:43:14 am
Oh, now you gave me an idea for a new ICE feature: Inverted rectangles and Inverted filled rectangles. xLIBC and HP PPL both have this and it's quite nice. Otherwise, a color shift feature like xLIBC (eg color 0 becomes color 5, color 10 becomes color 15 and color 255 becomes color 5) has would work as well.

If it's too hard to implement as rectangles then on pixel basis would do the job as well


Nice game update by the way :)

I believe color shifts is already implement in C, gfx_Lighten or gfx_Darken, but yet not in ICE, but (almost) all the C functions will be implemented in the new version of ICE, which I'm currently very hard working on. If I'm not right, you should poke @MateoConLechuga :P

DJ Omnimaga

Oooh cool. :D Also I just saw the version added on ticalc.org. Is it more recent than what you last posted?

PT_

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 31, 2016, 06:20:59 am
Oooh cool. :D Also I just saw the version added on ticalc.org. Is it more recent than what you last posted?

I don't know, I recently updated it at ticalc.org. The latest version is ALWAYS at TI-Planet, and almost ALWAYS at Cemetech, and whenever I like it, I will upload on ticalc.org too ;)

PT_

I just want to say that pointers are implemented, but almost everything else is broken, and I want to implement a lot more functions, and I'm working on AoCE, so don't expect a new update soon ;)

DJ Omnimaga

Good luck fixing the other issues you have when you decide to work on this again. Pointers addition will definitively be awesome :3=

DJ Omnimaga

So I just saw that Snowball Struggle has been released last month via a TI-Planet news and I will definitively give it a try soon. :).


DJ Omnimaga

That is cool. MateoC seems to have done a pretty good job with his compressor. It reminds me of CrunchyOS for monochrome calcs, except as standalone programs rather than requiring a shell. :)

I wonder if ICE games are compatible with the compressor? Opossum Massage Simulator is quite large because of all graphics.

PT_

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 18, 2017, 07:45:29 pm
I wonder if ICE games are compatible with the compressor? Opossum Massage Simulator is quite large because of all graphics.

Yep, you can compress any ASM program with his program, and the best compression was about 60%, if I'm right, so maybe you have luck ;)

DJ Omnimaga

January 18, 2017, 07:51:19 pm #329 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:58:09 pm by DJ Omnimaga
Ah nice. That said convhex doesn't appear to let me choose the output file name, so if I try to compress opossum.8xp it overwrites itself D: (EDIT Nevermind, it creates a new file with an underscore at the end of the file name). Opossum compresses to 8400 bytes or so instead of 24800 bytes *.*

Powered by EzPortal