Alternatively, join us on Discord!

+-Recent Topics

TI, HP and Casio emulators list [Casio][HP][TI]

Started by DJ Omnimaga, March 08, 2016, 07:37:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 11, 2016, 02:17:47 pm
Someday, when I finally get an Android, I'll be able to get an HP Prime! :D
If you can ever install stuff on your own computer, you should get the PC version instead, because it's free.

Jkolade936

I can-I'm just more likely to use a handheld device to emulate a handheld device. I hardly use WabbitEmu, even though I'd have an 84+ if I did.
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

DJ Omnimaga

Ah ok. I personally prefer using emulators on the PC since the buttons are so small on a phone, plus file transfer is easier on PC.

Jkolade936

I never thought of that, but I guess you're right. I just think I'd rather have the actual device than have to emulate it at all.
The answer is "Sure."

DJ Omnimaga

Emulators are nice for debugging, though, and savestates plus emulation speed controls can be handy.

Jkolade936

Yeah, that's true-playing a slow game at 600% is always an advantage. :blah:
The answer is "Sure."

DJ Omnimaga

Even for fast games it can still help, such as RPGs, for example, where you might want to test if a boss is well-balanced or if a cinematic works, but can't skip.

Jkolade936

Or like with unstable games...
I tried testing my stuff on my calculator and often got a RAM clear, which is why I never liked the idea of keeping stuff unarchived on my 84+.
The answer is "Sure."

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah, this is why. But of course you have to watch out for archive corruption too.

alexgt

The HP Prime for android and IOS is no longer "coming soon" :P

DJ Omnimaga

Oh, by coming soon I was not referring to emulators not being out yet, but rather that the list of paid/shareware emulators was coming soon. But I didn't have time to finish the list yet. :P

alexgt

DJ Omnimaga

It's fine lol. I really need to update that list when I get some time, though. The issue is that TI website uses very strange links so linking directly to the right software versions is hard and I prefer linking to original copies.

alexgt

Yeah, TI has a weird history with software :P

DJ Omnimaga

I would say more with how their site is laid out. For example, the TI-84 Plus CE OS URL is https://education.ti.com/en/us/software/details/en/158B7669E4C0493A84D33D9A22FDBD3C/ti-84plusceoperatingsystem and in the past I recall those IDs being replaced or not being the same on every access attempt. I don't know how it works, though. TI-Planet managed to link directly to files before, but TI sometimes removes the files outright (for example, the TI-84+CSE OS was removed from their site recently)