The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Efnet botnet

Started by Streetwalrus, December 18, 2014, 12:11:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Omnimaga

Could it be related to your router?

Juju

I suspect the other router. I have two of them plugged to each other with a 50ft cable.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DJ Omnimaga

I always wondered if using multiple routers was a good idea :P (can't the signals screw up each others?)

Juju

March 02, 2016, 05:12:46 am #78 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:14:28 am by Juju
That's pretty much how the Internet works, actually, so yes, it's a good idea. You'd have to configure them correctly so they won't give the same IPs, though.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DJ Omnimaga

Ah I see. If they have the same IP, can they improve your connection stability?

aeTIos

I think W-802 is hosted by Streetwalrus, and thus, when his connection drops (and it regularly does), W-802 disconnects.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Streetwalrus

That's right. TheBot (link info bot) is also hosted at my place until I merge it with Walrified.

DJ Omnimaga

The main issue lately was mostly W-803, W-805 and W-806, though. W-803 is rarely around, W-805 has disappeeared days ago and we had no news about what happened to it and W-806 last night kept disconnecting every few minutes.

DJ Omnimaga

So @Juju W-803 is still offline and whoever runs W-804, same there too.

DJ Omnimaga

@Streetwalrus do you think it would be possible to move W-802 to a static IP address/hostname? Because every few month it loses ops and is no longer recognized by the rest of the botnet. Right now, for example, the bot doesn't have ops in the channel.

Streetwalrus

Not possible since it's hosted at home. I could just wildcard the bot's hostname but eh.

DJ Omnimaga

Ah that sucks. Can't you make the bot auto-ident? (After checking if the other bot hostmasks are legit, of course)

aeTIos

That would not be a great idea.

DJ Omnimaga

aeTIos

I have no idea why i wrote that. Disregard.