The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.

[java][OpenGL] Walrii PC game

Started by c4ooo, February 13, 2016, 08:55:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

c4ooo

February 13, 2016, 08:55:04 pm Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:55:25 am by c4ooo
An alpha PC game i am writing in java. My current plan is to port The Day The Walrus Flew (aka flappy walrus) to PC. The original calculator will be available to play in a ti84 simulator. Cumred is being a big help with the openGL stuff  8)
Screenies:

here is the screen of the working ti84 "simulator":

SiphonicSugar

Wait, does this just simulate the game on a simulated TI-84 Plus, because that's really cool.
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

c4ooo

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on February 13, 2016, 08:58:39 pm
Wait, does this just simulate the game on a simulated TI-84 Plus, because that's really cool.

The calc is "simulated". It does not include any roms, and thus i cant get sued x.x . So basicly TIOS and all the math stuff won't actually be available :P
But it could be an easter egg ;)

Dudeman313

Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."


DJ Omnimaga

Looks nice, but the bright blue background might be a bit distracting. Also what will the secomd game be?

Araidia

Nice idea!
But I think the title(of the topic) might be misspelled   ;D

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

DJ Omnimaga

Wow I just noticed that. Bad c4ooo :P

Dudeman313

Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."


c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 06:13:26 pm
Looks nice, but the bright blue background might be a bit distracting. Also what will the secomd game be?

Hmm... Should i make walrii fly around on the other blue background too? Or maybe i could have an image of a table, but IDK if i could make a good transition from the title screen background to an image of a table >.>

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 11:23:51 pm
Wow I just noticed that. Bad c4ooo :P
Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 14, 2016, 11:42:04 pm
Oh. :warii: is not :walrii: :P
Quote from: Araidia on February 14, 2016, 10:36:14 pm
Nice idea!
But I think the title(of the topic) might be misspelled   ;D

IDK what you are talking about :trollface:

Dudeman313

Maybe you could do a background of a classic desk, then use a fade transition.
And does the title screen have to be that shade? You could lighten it up, maybe rearrange the entire thing... You know what? I'll just make you a title screen and see if you like it. It seems like one of the Floating Walrii is blending in to the background color, which for some strange reason is hurting my brain. Maybe I have OCD.
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."


DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: c4ooo on February 15, 2016, 01:58:14 am
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 06:13:26 pm
Looks nice, but the bright blue background might be a bit distracting. Also what will the secomd game be?

Hmm... Should i make walrii fly around on the other blue background too? Or maybe i could have an image of a table, but IDK if i could make a good transition from the title screen background to an image of a table >.>

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 11:23:51 pm
Wow I just noticed that. Bad c4ooo :P
Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 14, 2016, 11:42:04 pm
Oh. :warii: is not :walrii: :P
Quote from: Araidia on February 14, 2016, 10:36:14 pm
Nice idea!
But I think the title(of the topic) might be misspelled   ;D

IDK what you are talking about :trollface:
I was thinking more about a blue background but with less saturation, or perhaps a blue-gray gradient with a darker shade at the bottom. You could maybe make the winged walruses fly in the background like when we type /walrii on WalrusIRC.

Dudeman313

Or you could make the background white and light green, like this site. Personally, I think the CodeWalrus site theme looks professional, welcoming, friendly, and modern without looking thrown together at all. :walrii:
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."


DJ Omnimaga

Well, to be fair, it was  a little thrown together coding-wise, because when we decided to make the site we wanted to make it public by New Year 2015 and that left us less than 2 months when we installed SMF. A lot of the theme coding was rushed and hacked together from the default them. >.< (we didn't care, though, because when we upgrade to SMF 2.1 we're gonna have to redo it from scratch anyway)

I agree, though, that c4ooo should maybe theme his game more after CW and perhaps Super Walrii Land. I cannot post sprites, though, because they are all dynamically generated by code.

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 03, 2016, 06:20:34 am
Well, to be fair, it was  a little thrown together coding-wise, because when we decided to make the site we wanted to make it public by New Year 2015 and that left us less than 2 months when we installed SMF. A lot of the theme coding was rushed and hacked together from the default them. >.< (we didn't care, though, because when we upgrade to SMF 2.1 we're gonna have to redo it from scratch anyway)

I agree, though, that c4ooo should maybe theme his game more after CW and perhaps Super Walrii Land. I cannot post sprites, though, because they are all dynamically generated by code.

Oh.

Now if only @c4ooo would come and see our suggestions, and put in power-ups that turn you into different :walrii: clones and hopefully decide
it's possible to find time to finish...
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."


c4ooo

Could you guys maybe post some mockups? One thing i could do is replace the blue background with the green tiled background.

Powered by EzPortal