The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.

Eiyeron's pixel paint room

Started by Duke "Tape" Eiyeron, December 17, 2014, 08:54:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Oh noes! It's walrii's evil twin, iirlaw!
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Oh, look what @BadPNG did when I sent this picture : there

DJ Omnimaga

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Just embrace the love of WALRII!

Snektron

Or just run some shader on it with

gl_FragColor = texture2D(walrii, gl_FragCoord.xy/res) + vec4(rand(uv));

:P

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I started with trying to put a sci-fi style to the font without changing it, ended with some tribal-like/organic patterns instead.

CKH4

Wow that is really cool. It looks kind of like metal to me. I think that it'd be cool in an actual game.

Snektron

DJ Omnimaga

Ooh I like it. I notice it's 128x64 and 256x128. Do you plan to use it for a Casio game or something?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Nah, I just used this dimension because i'm used to it. And these colors can't be done on calc, unfortunately.

DJ Omnimaga

Oh I meant on the PRIZM, stretched up. :P

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Mmmh. If I'm goign to do something on the Prizm, I'll go 320x240, the QVGA resolution. It'll fil to the screen minus 8 lines (or 16 I don't remember), it'll look like Bust-a-move's resolution. This is only to make hypothetical ports easier.

DJ Omnimaga

The PRIZM is 384x216 IIRC so it would probably be 320x216. You could also do 320x200 like some old computer games.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

April 02, 2015, 07:36:17 am #43 Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:55:21 am by Duc "Scotch" Eiyeron
If I can make the asm thing to go full screen, It can to 228 or something like that.

EDIT : 224. 396*224, so yeah, only 16 rows are missing, it's not that bad. If it's ported on a QVGA, simple borders could be put for decoration.

DJ Omnimaga

Just make sure that it's not the HUD or other important things that are missing O.O

I remember playing some older console games on TV that didn't use a black frame like some SNES games (eg Final Fantasy VI) and the result was that on certain CRT TVs there were graphics I couldn't see on the sides of the screen >.<