Alternatively, join us on Discord.

Eiyeron's pixel paint room

Started by Duke "Tape" Eiyeron, December 17, 2014, 08:54:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Yeah, I know about auto-tiling mappers, they're pretty nice to do and I hope being able to make them in a generic way that could help me compressing data. Unless this, I'll use Tiled for that.

DJ Omnimaga

On the HP Prime I think auto-tiles would be easy because you can easily split graphic data into chunks as you see fit. That won't be needed if your walls are always 2 tiles thick like in Zelda, though.

It might be slow, though.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Huuuh, I did the corners. What the hell it was a pain to do them but the result is epic as hell.

DJ Omnimaga

That looks even better now. :D The inner walls (inside holes) seems bigger in height, though.

I am wondering, can the walls be stacked on top of each others to form higher cliffs?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I haven't done multi-height walls. Yes the walls are bigger on the inside because I didn't want a perfect 50/50 ratio, it would have created a sort of grid.

DJ Omnimaga

Ah ok, although if you ever make castle walls where the floor is completely flat then it might look weird if some walls are higher.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

A little 4-gray dungeon tileset, inspired mostly from Zelda GB.

Snektron

Woah, those are pretty cool! And since they are 4 scales, we can use these in Axe. I might even make some game with it :D
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DJ Omnimaga

tr1p1ea

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

What I should do AFTER Super Hexagon Casio.

DJ Omnimaga

Ooh those look nice. :D Is Stick Hero a computer game or something by the way? Regardless, a calculator version would be nice. I hope you do another calc program in the future once you finish and release Super Hexagon. :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

It's a simple smartphone game. Once I really get on it, 'should be fast to do. I really should get back on SHC.

DJ Omnimaga

Aah I see now. A calc port would be nice :).

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

WALRII LOVES YOU.