The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

About the buttons on the navbar...

Started by aeTIos, February 08, 2016, 10:14:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aeTIos

..yes, the [Home] [Forum][IRC][Downloads][About], etc buttons. Why are most of them not clickable and only spawn a drop-down menu? What I'd like is that they lead to a default option, e.g. the top option, or one that many users use a lot. Saves a lot of precise mousing :)
ceci n'est pas une signature

Streetwalrus

Because otherwise the menus are unusable on the mobile site. This isn't gonna change until css4 or someone points me to a solution in js. :P

aeTIos

Oh wow. Can't you make this option desktop only or so?

Streetwalrus

By "solution in js" I meant a way to detect touch screens. I don't want to tie that to the window size, it would be inconsistent.

aeTIos

I see. Is it an option to detect the browser the user uses as a crude detection method? I think they all identify as a mobile browser.

Streetwalrus

February 08, 2016, 10:20:47 am #5 Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 11:13:45 am by Streetwalrus
God please no, I don't wanna touch the php code.

@Juju, if you wanna take a look the ideal solution would be to undo this with js:
#menu_nav > li > a
{
        pointer-events: none;
}

Then add a touch event handler that does a preventDefault. This way it remains functional for those who have js off and it also works nicer for those who do have it on. Take a look at the CSS to see which ones should be whitelisted.

c4ooo

Half these buttons dont do sh** on iOS >_>
But suprisigly only on theme=3 and not 1.