CodeWalrus

Multimedia => Music => Music Showcase & Production with other softwares => Topic started by: Jokeriske on February 28, 2016, 11:05:44 am

Title: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on February 28, 2016, 11:05:44 am
Hello, Niels composed a themesong for Valhalla, so what do you guys think? :D


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRunPuEk6io (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRunPuEk6io)


(i put link here because the youtube tag didint work)
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Dudeman313 on February 28, 2016, 03:41:33 pm
I love it! It definitely says, "mysteriously fun adventure game." The one thing it does not say is ruthless viking on a dangeous carnage quest. Maybe you could add an instrument with lower notes in the background, softly?
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on February 28, 2016, 04:02:00 pm
Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 28, 2016, 03:41:33 pm
I love it! It definitely says, "mysteriously fun adventure game." The one thing it does not say is ruthless viking on a dangeous carnage quest. Maybe you could add an instrument with lower notes in the background, softly?


Thanks! , i will tell him :)
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: DJ Omnimaga on March 15, 2016, 04:37:09 am
I agree with Dudeman313. Sounds nice btw. Maybe also add drum rolls like in some Warcraft battle music?
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Dudeman313 on March 15, 2016, 11:10:54 am
The drum rolls would add a nice touch!  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on March 15, 2016, 11:15:31 am
funny fact : the first version of the theme song haves drumrolls :P ill try to upload them to youtube and ill post them here :)
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Snektron on March 15, 2016, 06:23:45 pm
I like that song, very atmospherical. Sounds like something that fits with a landscape :)
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: DJ Omnimaga on March 15, 2016, 10:24:06 pm
On a side note, here is what I mean. Maybe those songs could be of inspiration, but they use more instruments than synths overall, so I don't know if it would fit as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9J1DAqxSkE

Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on March 16, 2016, 11:48:38 am
i'm trying to upload the video to youtube but my editor gives me errors, i will try to fix that today.
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on March 16, 2016, 02:44:07 pm
here you go , this is a unfinished version of the TS , i personally like the one without the drums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfNfYz2rGs
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Dudeman313 on March 16, 2016, 07:36:52 pm
I think your (links/video/?) don't work, @Jokeriske ....
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: DJ Omnimaga on March 17, 2016, 08:11:35 am
The video works, but it seems like youtu.be is not recognized as valid SSL certificate, so in your browser you have to manually unblock it. I'll replace the link with a full Youtube one.

Also I was skeptical about the techno beat at first, but as the song built up it sounded nice. The kickdrum used fits the relaxing atmosphere that the other instruments provided. My suggestion, though, would be to make the kickdrum so that it's less loud, since for that kind of music it doesn't need to be very loud, unlike actual dance music. :P Also, that guitar style instrument near the end should probably have some reverb like in the previous version.
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Dudeman313 on April 02, 2016, 09:01:43 pm
Have you guys worked on this recently, @Jokeriske ?
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on April 12, 2016, 03:58:15 pm
Quote from: Dudeman313 on April 02, 2016, 09:01:43 pm
Have you guys worked on this recently, @Jokeriske ?



on the song or the game itself? the game itself is on a kind of break because @ben_g is currently in thailand, but we will start working on it when he's back in june
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Dudeman313 on April 12, 2016, 06:51:45 pm
I meant the song, but that was awhile ago. Isn't it finalized now?
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: DJ Omnimaga on April 21, 2016, 04:47:33 pm
Yeah I was wondering about the game itself too actually and a bit about the song. I figured it might be due to Ben's trip but I wasn't sure at first. I hope this project comes to fruition at some point. :)
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on May 17, 2016, 07:04:01 pm
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 21, 2016, 04:47:33 pm
Yeah I was wondering about the game itself too actually and a bit about the song. I figured it might be due to Ben's trip but I wasn't sure at first. I hope this project comes to fruition at some point. :)



yeah i did got back into unreal engine a few days ago , i'm going to help Ben with the game :D
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Dudeman313 on May 21, 2016, 03:47:22 pm
Yay! Progress! :w00t:

I also have access to a newer computer, so I'll be on the lookout for the next release/demo. ;)
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: DJ Omnimaga on May 21, 2016, 06:45:27 pm
Quote from: Dudeman313 on May 21, 2016, 03:47:22 pm
Yay! Progress! :w00t:

I also have access to a newer computer, so I'll be on the lookout for the next release/demo. ;)
Nice to hear you got  a newer computer. Also Jokeriske did you make other songs for the game by the way? If you would like in-game music like the town music in The 4th Coming and don't mind if it sounds like Playstation 1 music then I could maybe help if I get some time.
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on May 22, 2016, 11:54:07 am
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 21, 2016, 06:45:27 pm
Nice to hear you got  a newer computer. Also Jokeriske did you make other songs for the game by the way? If you would like in-game music like the town music in The 4th Coming and don't mind if it sounds like Playstation 1 music then I could maybe help if I get some time.


That's the only song we have, and probably our last one because Niels is in university and he doesen't have time for making music anymore which is unfortunate :/
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: DJ Omnimaga on May 22, 2016, 02:38:55 pm
Ah that sucks. D: Hopefully I can help at some point if the game resumes again.
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on May 22, 2016, 02:53:56 pm
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 22, 2016, 02:38:55 pm
Ah that sucks. D: Hopefully I can help at some point if the game resumes again.



yeah we are still working on the game, but no music :/
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: DJ Omnimaga on May 22, 2016, 02:55:34 pm
Ah ok. Does it mean you no longer want any music to be in the game or if you are still open to any future help by other people?
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: Jokeriske on May 22, 2016, 03:29:35 pm
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 22, 2016, 02:55:34 pm
Ah ok. Does it mean you no longer want any music to be in the game or if you are still open to any future help by other people?



yeah we are still open for any help we can get :)
Title: Re: Theme song
Post by: DJ Omnimaga on May 26, 2016, 06:21:36 pm
Ok let me know if you ever need any. Of course, as I said, I can't guarantee it, but depending of how the game goes and my life I might get inspiration. :P