Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

OS WAR!

Started by LD Studios, January 08, 2015, 12:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

You can get the classic menu back with classic shell. But honestly, it's not really necessary.

And that's totally wrong Cumred, windows 8 is the same os, it's just that they made major changes to the ui for touchscreens but they don't work out quite as well on a fully mouse driven computer. At least not with the default settings. As a keyboard freak, I don't like any windows version anyway because it has horrible keyboard shortcuts (that is, not enough to be usable without a mouse).

brentmaas

CheesOS > all xD
It's only 512 bytes and has a stunning 0 downloads!
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

It would help if we knew what CheesOS is :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Its an OS he made to see what os developement was like :p
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Scipi

I'm pretty sure OmniOS > all :P

It shall be second only to WalriiOS.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

Snektron

Now make a walrii android 5 rom.
Edit: walrom.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Scipi on January 08, 2015, 11:59:17 PM
I'm pretty sure OmniOS > all :P

It shall be second only to WalriiOS.
Ooh I think I remember trying that in a VM before and it was pretty cool :D

If someone ever makes a Walrii OS it should have Walrii speak at the beginning like in my videos :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Oh dear, that'll be irritating

Dream of Omnimaga

Not if it's only at the start of the boot sequence :P

Snektron

Yuki

Ah yeah I remember OmniOS, good times.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

LD Studios

Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 08, 2015, 02:46:58 PM
You can bring back the old taskbar on newer versions. And 8/8.1 actually looks cleaner. :P
I'm actually digging some changes they made since 7 (and no I'm not worshiping ms anytime soon, I have windows solely for the purpose of gaming. :P
8 might be cleaner, but I can't stand the layout >.<
Also, you can set up a similar taskbar on 7, but not the same exact thing

Snektron

Yeah i dont really like the touchscreen focus on 8/8.1 too.
I hope win10 will be better :/

aetios

I'll be installing 8.1 this weekend. Windows more like gamedows.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

I personally would like to dual-boot with a Windows 7 (or eventually 10) and Linux install (preferably something more user-friendly for long-time Windows users like Mint or Ubuntu) so that I can still game on the same computer where I develop stuff or do things I can't do on Windows, but the problem is that over the last decade, I heard too many horror stories about dual-booting attempts, including recently with Streetwalrus and this makes me relunctant about even trying it, especially that most people with who it happened were experienced Linux/computer users. I don't want Linux to eat my Windows install or vice-versa.

My other solution was that when I would get a new computer, I would format the old one then load Linux on it, but everytime I get a new computer the old computer starts failing and I don't feel like getting it repaired, since it would cost more than a brand new computer >.<