Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

"Calculate Your Color" with TI (And Maybe Even Win a TI 84 Plus CE)

Started by pimathbrainiac, March 09, 2015, 06:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimathbrainiac

As a promotion for the upcoming TI 84 Plus CE, TI has started a contest called "Calculate Your Color," in which you take a personality quiz to determine "which new TI 84 Plus CE hue suits you" and get entered in a drawing to win a TI 84 Plus CE.

TI posted about the contest on their Facebook page earlier today, and their website front page has been updated to promote the contest. Go check it out and maybe even win a CE!

Contest Link: https://calculateyourcolor.com/
Terms and Conditions: http://education.ti.com/en/us/promotions/calculate-your-color-final-rules
On a side note, I got "Silver Linings" as my color.
Well, I'm bach here too!

brentmaas

Lel I glitched Omni

Snektron

Me too, though i cant enter the sweepstakes (damn mucrica <_<)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Yep I saw this earlier on Cemetech and it seems like a nice contest.

Unfortunately, however, it's only for residents of United States and the only Canadians who can participate must live in BC or Ontario. Not that I expected Quebec to be able to participate due to its overly strict and retarded contest laws (same reason why any CodeWalrus contest offering physical or money prizes will not allow Quebec residents despite two of the admins living there), but still it's kinda restrictive. >.<

I got Radical Red myself, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah I can't. But the government instated restrictions to contests so that those contests won't hurt their monopoly on the quebec gambling industry. The government runs Loto-Quebec, which is Quebec's publicly-ran lottery company, and they see any form of competition as bad. As a result, when someone wins a Nintendo contest, for example, then I think Nintendo has to give Loto-Quebec a certain percentage of the prize value as a compensation. Also, language laws requires international contests to have a copy of their rules in French in order to be legal in Quebec.

Because of these restrictions, many companies single out Quebec from contests that they organize.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 09, 2015, 06:28:19 PM

Same. But I'm in France and it seems that they don't like us! :/
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Yuki

I'm Radical Red too~

But yeah, it's kind of weird they only open the sweepstakes to BC and Ontario, but not the rest of Canada (excluding Quebec).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Eiyeron on March 09, 2015, 10:22:01 PM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 09, 2015, 06:28:19 PM

Same. But I'm in France and it seems that they don't like us! :/
I have the feeling that TI-France is almost like a separate entity when it comes to companies and do their own things to a certain extent. I think they are more likely to create a France-only contest in the future.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Did you guys all chose Mars as favorite planet? I have too RR.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Caleb Hansberry

Yeah I said "mars" and got radical red :D would be handy if I happened to win one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Dream of Omnimaga

Snektron

I chose uranus :trollface: nu actually i chose saturn. Seems like there are a lot of radical reds though

Dream of Omnimaga

I have to wonder if there isn't some catch to this contest preventing pretty much any combination except one to be eligible to win? That seems fishy.

Snektron

It was a trick by pimath *.*

EDIT: i tried it out, and its possible to get other colors :P. Maybe we just share the same key things :)