Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The funny quote thread (NSFW)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 01, 2014, 06:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I never heard of Don't Starve. I should check what is it. Is it some zombie game?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Quote from: Strontium on May 27, 2015, 05:03:44 AM
Oooh! I like Your World of Text. I have two things of my own:
http://www.yourworldoftext.com/~Strontium/
http://www.yourworldoftext.com/~Strontium/pitchforkstore
I have an account there too now:
~/DarkestEx/

Btw this is the script to paste and clear stuff (I copied it partly from GitHub and edited it):
var fill_text=function(wi,he,chr) {
  chr = (chr == undefined ? " " : chr);
  var text = "";
  for(var y=0; y < he; y++) {
  for(var x=0; x < wi; x++) {
  text = text + chr;
  }
  text = text + "\n";
  }
  var width = $(".active-cursor").width();
  var height = $(".active-cursor").height();
  var start = $(".active-cursor").offset();
  var current = {
    top: Math.round(start.top + height / 2),
    left: Math.round(start.left + width / 2)
  };
  var i = 0;
  function next() {
    var c = text.charAt(i);
    if (c === "\n") {
      current.left = start.left;
      current.top += height;
    } else {
      $(document.elementFromPoint(current.left, current.top)).click();
      w.typeChar(c);
      current.left += width;
    }
    i++;
    if (i < text.length) {
      setTimeout(next, 2);
    }
  }
  next()
};
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Best pun on CW so far:

<Cumred> Does a tree have internet connection? O.O
<Streetwalrus> Well it does have root access at least.

In the member pictures thread http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=287.msg14861
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Indeed, though, I think the tree gets up and leaves to get internet access. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

^:P

If anything it can synthesize photos O.o
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

princetonlion.tibd

And this is what happens when I make a reference to the tree in Minas Tirith :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

^No kidding, He he photosynthesis...

princetonlion.tibd

I think the the tree before the end of Return of the King is dead though
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

Well, it has magical powers right?!

princetonlion.tibd

No, they just hid a sapling somewhere in case the old one died.

But then again, it's descended from one of the two trees of Valinor. The one whose light was made into the moon chariot (I think it's a chariot anyways)

I don't want to get too deep into Tolkien lore :P

EDIT:
Source of info: The Silmarillion

Dream of Omnimaga

Not a CodeWalrus quote, but rather a very old quote from 2002 by Ed Fry, from Fryedsoft:

QuoteBasically, in the Ti-community, the "we're rebuilding and will be up shortly" is another way of saying "We're bored with the site now and we're going to kill it off slowly"
http://fryedsoft.bluecrimson.com/

What's funny about it is that it was actually true. Of all the sites that went offline with a Redesign underway sign since I joined the TI community in 2001, only one re-opened (MaxCoderz) O.O

So yeah, if you ever run a calc site yourself and want to keep your older members around, do not ever go offline for redesign purposes, because they will think the site is gone for good. :P

alexgt

There better be all that walriis back after some unexpected down time you hear  ;)

Snektron

In that case you should set up a private dev forum, and work on the layout from there. You can port tje posts quite easy with the database and such so thats not a problem
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

DJ Omnimaga     Also hi strontium, where have you veen?   
Strontium          I've been on here on and off   
Unicorn|                  under mah gun   
Strontium          Just not when you were online as well
DJ Omnimaga     Aah ok

He's been under mah gun :P

I was singing a song I got stuck in my head. I think I have the lyrics wrong anyways :P

Just thought it was kind of funny, as I just typed that in, and they were talking about where he had been. O.O
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 08, 2015, 03:35:06 PM
In that case you should set up a private dev forum, and work on the layout from there. You can port tje posts quite easy with the database and such so thats not a problem
Yeah, I think that it's the best way to do it. Omni and Cemetech did that during their last respective upgrades (although Omni had to release it prematurely due to exploits in their SMF 1.1.x install. But at least they didn't put the entire site offline). If a site have to be disabled for a while, then the author should at least setup a temporary board somewhere where they cross-post some updates. And if the site was deleted and you need time to make a new one, then perhaps backups should have been made in the first place.

Also I think that we have to be transparent about site upgrades so that people are aware of what is gonna happen and be open to suggestions. If people asks too many questions then we can make a topic with a FAQ and direct people there I guess. In our case that's after when SMF 2.1 will come out.