Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What are you listening to?

Started by Yuki, January 04, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Yeah, I love this song as well. Manau is pretty good for a rap group. Actually, Nolwenn Leroy's version is a cover too, but she's more true to the original, which is a traditional breton song. I discovered her while doing my research to prove DJ true a few minutes ago xD Fun fact, it's not the only time both three artist covered the same song.

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I'll definitively have to listen to his other songs at one point. Also, another similar rap artist that I like is Highland (the song Se Tu Voi from 2000 or 2001).

Also, my wishes have been answered. Someone finally made a power metal cover of Life, by E-Type! *.*

Although I wish it was closer to Sonata Arctica style. It would fit perfectly if it was like the song Abandoned, Pleased, Brainwashed, Exploited. By the way, the latter is way underrated (probably due to the song being overshadowed by The Cage) and it's a song I listen to frequently:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

TheMachine02

this is funny when you are writing a pipeline :  :P

aetios

Just now Pony Should Pony Pony popped up in my tracklist. I'm not that much into ponies anymore but some music is still nice :)
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

I'm actually surprised noone has mentioned TSFH yet:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Now I have this stuck again in my head:

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Kuru Kuru Kururin - Star Land. I had to play pretty much the whole game for a test (if you want to read it, it's in french. Sorry) and the theme I liked the most was this one.

• Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I wonder if that game was translated to English? Also lol the music sounds like NES music despite being on GBA (except drums). Also where is your review?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

The game is in English worldwide (yeah, even in Europe). It uses the NES channel as many games does (FFTA use them for instance to give more richness to the instruments).

And Here's my review. Warning, it's French.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok I wasn't sure if the GBA had such channels. I thought it was like the SNES but with lower quality wav sampling or sound.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

The GBA still have a worse sound chip than the SNES, it's just that the GBA has more power and  cart storage so more detailled/sampled music are doable while having a full fledged game

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah the power was a big plus. There were even games that looked similar to Playstation games such as 007 Nightfire, Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride and Duke Nukem Advance, which had 3D environments.

Btw the music in Crazy Taxi Catch a Ride is not bad for GBA:

unknownloner

Not sure what to say about this other than I love it :P

/)

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature