Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Quote from: lkj on February 01, 2016, 06:41:35 PM
Hi everyone :D
Some of you may have seen me on Omni before.
I haven't really done much calculator programming lately, because I'm more interested in Android apps nowadays. Also, I don't have as much time for programming as I used to have anymore.
Hey, and welcome to the forums ;)

I use nTxt on my Nspire a ton :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

aetios

Welcome to codewalrus, everyone who joined after my last post in this thread (Probably everyone who joined anywhere in the last year o.o)
ceci n'est pas une signature

DexterCD

Hello, my name is Dexter!, I just joined this forum! ;D

I've been a short-time 'lurker' :ninja: and decided I wanted to join!
This community seems active and quite inviting, so I think I'll be happy being here, sharing my thoughts and projects!

I'm here mainly for the calculator community, I have three different graphing calculators, a TI 83, TI 83+, and I recently acquired a TI Nspire CX! (really happy about that!)

Today I re-added Ndless to my calculator after accidentally updating my system to 4.2.0 . (Yes, on accident, not my best moment..)
(I didn't expect Ndless to be updated so quickly, because I remember seeing that a previous update took ~7 months! But three days!? Really impressive!)
Right now I have a game boy colour emulator (gbc4nspire), nTris, nDoom, and nTxt installed on my system. (Really cool/handy programs!)

I plan to create applications for the TI Nspire CX as a learning experience for programming on (relatively) restrictive platforms.
The only programming language I'm competent at is C++, but that should be fine because it works well in the TI Nspire. :)
(I also understand C due to how similar it is to C++, but don't ask me to write in it! :P)

I'll see "ya'll" in the main forums!  :w00t: :crazy: :w00t:
  • Calculators owned: TI 83, TI 83+, TI Nspire CX

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya Dexter and welcome to CodeWalrus :walrii:

I'm glad that despite your TI-Nspire purchase, you still kept your older calculator models, since you can now use more softwares and there are still occasionally a few 83+ softwares coming out. And yeah Ndless once took 18 months to be updated, if I recall correctly. Sometimes TI is really quick on the OS updates, though, plus Ndless 4.2 won't run on newer hardware (I think revision W or something?), so I'm glad you got a calculator that supports Ndless.

If you want to create TI-Nspire applications, you can use Lua, C and I believe C++, so feel free to ask if you need extra help in a new topic. And don't forget to showcase your projects. :)

Same goes if you make programs for different platforms (including computer/consoles), especially considering those languages can also run on other platforms, thus, making it easier to port games. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DexterCD

Hello DJ Omnimaga,

I'm actually planning on collecting graphing calculators, so getting rid of the TI 83 and TI 83+ never crossed my mind!

18 months! Wow, I would've kicked myself if I had to wait that long because I accidentally updated my calculator. I'm very happy it didn't take so long this time!
Yeah, I've heard about the incompatibility with some hardware revisions, but the Ndless GitHub page says something about adding support for HW-W+, so maybe the Ndless team fixed it?  :) I hope so.

I'm installing the Ndless SDK right now! And I'm ~100% certain Ndless supports C++;D

I plan to make a program to aid the learning of the digits of pi! Obviously you don't really need Ndless for programs like that, but it's just a small project to learn how to work with the TI Nspire and the Ndless tools!

aetios

Welcome to the forums DexterCD! Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have. Also join us on IRC @ irc.efnet.org #codewalrus. See you around ! :)

:walrii:

DexterCD

Hey AeTIos, thank you for the warm welcome!
I'll definitely ask questions if I have any. Right now everything forum/calculator/Ndless related is going fine.  :thumbsup:

aetios

augh, misspelling my name the first time you mention me <_<;;
JK, but my name's spelled aeTIos. Watch out or I'll pull my hammer out :walrii:

Dream of Omnimaga

Dexter yeah I noticed that the new Ndless softwares cannot run on newer hardware. I think that nowadays, TI just changes the calculator hardware to block Ndless, which might explain why they are so lax about it on older models and no longer patch Ndless as hard as they used to on an OS standpoint. I'm betting another exploit will be found in new hardwares, like with previous ones, though, but that might take longer.

Also good idea to start small. Then you can gradually move up the latter in terms of project size and complexity. :)

Quote from: aeTIos on February 24, 2016, 05:14:08 PM
augh, misspelling my name the first time you mention me <_<;;
JK, but my name's spelled aeTIos. Watch out or I'll pull my hammer out :walrii:
There's a Walrii hammer? O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

There sure as hell is! It's entirely made up out of walruses and weighs over 9001 tons.

Araidia

Welcome to the forums @DexterCD ! :walrii:
I wish I had more than one calculator(lucky you, I only have the TI84+CE)
Do you know any good resources to learn c++ or did you learn it in school(I'm currently learning Python)?
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dudeman313

Welcome, @DexterCD ! This is not only a forum of great calculator and other tech projects, but also a semi-peaceful Walriidom :P.
:walrii:
Quote from: DexterCD on February 24, 2016, 03:19:28 PM
I'm actually planning on collecting graphing calculators, so getting rid of the TI 83 and TI 83+ never crossed my mind!
Oh. I would sell the TI-83 on eBay, but that's just me. :P
Again, welcome! I hope you feel comfortable settling into our friendly and Walriified environment. Maybe eventually, you'll make your own :walrii: ! :P

Quote from: aeTIos on February 24, 2016, 06:42:58 PM
There sure as hell is! It's entirely made up out of walruses and weighs over 9001 tons.
@aeTIos : I'd like to see this. Can it fly and call down :walrii: lightning down from the sky? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Don't send a Walrii invasion on him, though, Dudeman313 :P

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga