Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

CW has some fun projects too, nah? What about SWL?
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 17, 2015, 04:16:39 AM
To be honest, due to the Snektron part ending with -tron it reminds me a bit of robots and transformers. :P

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on April 17, 2015, 02:16:38 AM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 15, 2015, 03:36:20 PM
Ah yes, it's kind of an inside joke and something from 9gag.
Me and brent have a hangouts group where we talk in a lot (since were in the same class too) and we had a period where we put 'tron' behind everything.
We also still have a period where we make jokes of everything with pythons / snakes in general. On 9gag is kind of a thing where a name gets changed a bit weird,
like spoderman (the meme which started it). so oneday somebody came up with 'snek', which is spoderman-speak for snake. And ofcourse we put 'tron', and thus 'snektron' was created. Then for some reason it was made in Comrade Snektron, and with 'Cumred' being a spoderman-speak for 'Comrade' :P

For some reason, I used to think it was a spin off of "Comrade Stalin,"  combined with that russian snake avatar you had...
Well now I know it's not :)
I doubt many forum members would like to use a nickname named after a dictator :P.
We don't have any dictators here yet
* princetonlion.tibd glances at Omni
:P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Well every mod including on CW are dictators to a certain extent :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

* princetonlion.tibd runs

As long as the mods don't try to eliminate each other :P

and my topic derailing skills :\
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

Welcome to all the new members who haven't introduced themselves!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Strontium

DJ Omnimaga told me to make a post in this thread, so:

Hi! I've recently gotten into calculator stuff a short while ago. I got a TI Nspire CX for my birthday, and I wanted to start doing development things on it, so I came here. I also hanging out on forums in general.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice to have you on the forums. I hope you enjoy your stay! :walrii:

Could you check on the back of your calculator and tell us with what letter does your serial number end? I hope you got an earlier version, such as A through I. They could run OS 3.1 and Ndless would remain installed after reboots even without nLaunchy. You should be fine with newer hardware, though, but I find older ones less annoying to hack.

Feel free to ask questions if you ever have any and also look around in case you find some interesting projects and stuff. We tend to dive into art and old school gaming discussion quite a bit, as well as programming for many calculator platforms and even mobile/computer. :)

Unicorn

Welcom Stontium! Hope you enjoy your stay at off topic heaven! :P (Just Joking)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Strontium

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 21, 2015, 05:59:55 AM

Could you check on the back of your calculator and tell us with what letter does your serial number end? I hope you got an earlier version, such as A through I. They could run OS 3.1 and Ndless would remain installed after reboots even without nLaunchy. You should be fine with newer hardware, though, but I find older ones less annoying to hack.

Feel free to ask questions if you ever have any and also look around in case you find some interesting projects and stuff. We tend to dive into art and old school gaming discussion quite a bit, as well as programming for many calculator platforms and even mobile/computer. :)

Unfortunately, it ends in T. I can't even run OS 3.6 without weird things happening (specifically, unable to use my calculator without it being plugged in all the time). The lack of persistence across reboots has not been an issue for me, because I almost never turn off or reset my calc.

Quote from: Unicorn on April 21, 2015, 06:01:28 AM

Off topic sections are always the best.

Strontium

--snip--

Unicorn

Lol, that problem with the battery sound like something I had with my CSE. I had to pull the rechargable battery to fix it. Don't do it yourself as it voids the warranty.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Strontium on April 21, 2015, 06:16:42 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 21, 2015, 05:59:55 AM

Unfortunately, it ends in T. I can't even run OS 3.6 without weird things happening (specifically, unable to use my calculator without it being plugged in all the time). The lack of persistence across reboots has not been an issue for me, because I almost never turn off or reset my calc.

Quote from: Unicorn on April 21, 2015, 06:01:28 AM

Off topic sections are always the best.
Aw sorry to hear. It looks like you're stuck with OS 3.9 series and Ndless 3.9 then. Just make sure to not run unstable softwares so you don't need to remain next to a computer to reinstall Ndless every 5 minute.
Quote from: Unicorn on April 21, 2015, 06:23:32 AM
Lol, that problem with the battery sound like something I had with my CSE. I had to pull the rechargable battery to fix it. Don't do it yourself as it voids the warranty.
Wait what? Removing the battery from the battery slot voids the calc warranty? O.O Then what if someone's calc froze and even the reset button doesn't work? (unless it's TI way to punish users of Ndless programs?) And what about people with defective batteries who buys a new one as replacement?