Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Game mock-up graphics and ideas

Started by tr1p1ea, February 08, 2015, 06:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

I got a new game idea, and that's actually the first one I think might be successful if someone did that.

You al know those stupid games where you can move around parts of a picture like on a chess board in order to restore the original picture?
Imagine that with pixelart stuff but with independant little pictures and a rendering engine that would adapt the edges and borders depending on the neighboting tiles....
What I'm trying to say is the following:
you got a 2D runnign game (gun run style) like running right all the time automatically and shootind down enemies. the more enemies you kill the more points you get. if you dont kill them, they injure you until you die.
from those points oyu can buy pictures in an ingame shop: pixelarts of boosters, guns, lasers, legs, wheels, ...
and then you should have an editor (that chessboard-thing) where you can freely add and remove parts (like when building your car in that stupid angry birds game with the pigs OR also like in BubbleTank..).
But the graphics should adapt to your choices so edges are roundet and stuff like that if you move around the parts. Also it should be those parts defigning your characters stats (speed, fiepower, ...).

I hope that the people would like the game and also stick to it as they themselves create their own avatar and chose for themselves what they want (speed, firepower, different ways of movement, walk, roll, fly, fast gun, big gun, ...) so they cna be really proud of the character they created and probably form some kind of bondage to it like you do to your character in online games after a couple of weeks.

What do you thing? does it suck and sound boring? or would it be a nice little mobile game to try out? :)
(I totally dont have the time to do it myself so in case you like the idea, go STEAL IT!!)
but if you make >100$ then don't be a c and buy me cookies!! ;) <3
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

that sounds confusing p2

sounds like at least 4 different games you are talking about

??? what are you smoking
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I checked his profile (maybe it's only visible to admins?)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

nope, can see him, too ^^ definitely no ghost-type walrii :walrii:
Welcome to the board @root141com :) Maybe you want to introduce youself there? :) http://codewalr.us/32/47843
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it @JWinslow23 :D

Talking about Mario games, this is an idea of what Super Mario 82 Advanced could look like

It would run on the TI-82 Advanced, 82 Plus, 83 Plus, 84 Plus and Silver Edition models, but the main target would be the TI-82 Advanced and TI-84 Plus T, which both lacks Z80 assembly, Axe and Grammer support (only pure TI-BASIC is available). I bet it would be feasible under certain conditions, such as having only two enemy per screen always spawning from the same location and power-ups coming out of question blocks counting as enemies (meaning on screens with power-ups there would only be 1 enemy). Or power ups could be used instantly when hitting a question block, like in the Atari 2600 demake of SMB1. The main engine would have to be kept as small as possible and enemies/power ups might have to not use dual-layer ASCII. The game would come with 8 string (8xs) files containing one world each (with 4 levels).

Title ideas: Super Mario 82 Advanced. Basically, the game would run on a 84+ but since there's not much reason to make a BASIC Mario when an established ASM one already exists, the game would have to be named in reference to how the TI-82 Advanced and TI-84 Plus T lacks ASM, BBC Basic, Axe and Grammer support. But 82 Advanced/84+T users would have a semi-decent dual-layer ASCII Mario clone, if done properly. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

(semi)-Isometric idea

I say semi because the walls in there are a tiled background (this is a flat map and could probably be redesigned so that no tile in the background are hidden by front ones, like in Kirby's Dream Course, meaning that only the checkerboard tiles would have to be provided in multiple, split iterations depending of which side of the walls you want to shade)