You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

pimath's music topic

b/Music Showcase Started by pimathbrainiac, July 31, 2015, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/pimathbrainiac February 07, 2016, 03:54:07 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 07, 2016, 02:05:14 AM
I wouldn't say that Night is rock if that's what you are refering to, since there's no guitar in it. But I like how it sounds like so far :)
Quote from: pimathbrainiac on January 27, 2016, 12:07:39 AM
And a rock piece

This one is the one I was referring to.
u/Dream of Omnimaga February 07, 2016, 05:10:21 AM
Ah ok. I missed that one because I almost exclusively paid attention to your Soundcloud and I thought you refered to the last song.

Anyway now that sounds more like rock, and old one at that. I actually like the idea so far. I think the drums and guitars should be louder compared to the rest of the instruments, though. During loud parts we barely hear them. Nice work so far, though :)
u/pimathbrainiac February 18, 2016, 02:56:51 PM

A WIP Concert fanfare. Whaddaya think?
u/pimathbrainiac March 08, 2016, 01:22:02 AM

An arrangement of the Hibike! Euphonium OP (fittingly) for a euphonium quartet
Been fangirling about this anime for quite a bit. I might actually be able to get a real recording of this one done, so stay tuned!
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 08, 2016, 02:46:50 AM
I like them Pimath :D. I must admit that my favorite of those two new songs is the previous one, though (which I somehow missed until now)
u/pimathbrainiac August 08, 2016, 05:00:07 PM
http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/273722252?secret_token=s-EFHO2

Doing a classical thing, and it's not even close to done, hence it not being a public track.
u/Dream of Omnimaga August 10, 2016, 06:55:21 PM
Cool, I'll listen to it later. On a side note, did you know there's a marimba Chocobo song? Wheb I heard it it reminded me of sone of your songs.
u/Dream of Omnimaga September 11, 2016, 05:34:38 AM
@pimathbrainiac I'M quite late but I finally listened to your last song, as well as El Bianco (which I don't remember hearing before, or at least not in its entirety) and I love them both. :) Also that last classical song reminds me a bit of some Playstation 1 Final Fantasy music :)
Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:36:43 AM by DJ Omnimaga
u/pimathbrainiac October 06, 2016, 02:28:50 AM
Thanks! Glad you liked them!

Anyways I'm working on another instrumental rock piece atm. Take a listen: https://soundcloud.com/pimathbrainiac/untitled1-rev-2/s-pem2u

EDIT: That's not the final ending. The piece isn't done yet :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga October 06, 2016, 02:54:52 AM
@pimathbrainiac I can't access the song. It says "This song is private" D:

EDIT: Wait nevermind, for some reasons the page scrolled down before it finished loading. Listening now

EDIT: Beginning is awesome and then it gets better as it progress :). My suggestion would be to make the percussion louder (about three timees louder maybe if you're going for a chill song, or less otherwise) or make everything else less loud depending of if the volume is already maxed out. The snare should not be increased as much as the other percussion, though, since it's already louder than the other percussion. Anyway good job so far :3=
Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:58:52 AM by DJ Omnimaga
u/pimathbrainiac October 06, 2016, 03:07:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback! The volume with the VSTs I'm using is particularly tricky, but I'll see what I can do.
u/Dream of Omnimaga October 06, 2016, 06:36:18 AM
What VST plugin are you using, by the way? Are they free?
u/pimathbrainiac October 06, 2016, 05:07:03 PM
For most of the instruments, I'm using Kontakt 5 player and a free sound pack called "Format Factory." The acoustic piano is the VST that comes with the full version of Finale.
u/Dream of Omnimaga October 06, 2016, 07:03:34 PM
Ah ok thanks. When I first used pro softwares I had serious troubles finding freeware VST plugins that didn't suck.
u/pimathbrainiac October 07, 2016, 06:03:04 PM
So here's a playlist with the completed version of the song (which will eventually be the 4th track) and an opening track (that gets a reprise in the new track)

https://soundcloud.com/pimathbrainiac/sets/a-long-way-home
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators