You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

IRC on a Super Nintendo?

b/Consoles Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 17, 2015, 06:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Snektron April 20, 2015, 04:34:54 PM
i take it this is some kind of inside joke from the years before me? :P
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron April 20, 2015, 04:39:04 PM
Wacky Fun Random Number Generator/Game. A parodying take on the ludicrous amount of "Guess the number" games every programmable calc series have.
u/Snektron April 20, 2015, 05:45:21 PM
oh wow. I saw there was an OS of it too :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga April 21, 2015, 05:55:47 AM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 20, 2015, 04:34:54 PM
i take it this is some kind of inside joke from the years before me? :P
Indeed. It started in July 2000 as a parody of the crappy TI-BASIC games that flooded ticalc.org archives back then and made it hard to find the good ones. It was a very popular joke and there were some revival attempts (although sometimes a bit overdone by some community members in 2010-11 or so so it kinda died down afterward). Other long-lasting community running gags were the Omnimaga peanuts and Hays Games.

There is a similar prank that came up in 2006 when someone released a grayscale xLIB quadratic solver.
u/Snektron April 21, 2015, 12:15:00 PM
Ah i see. Thanks for the explanation :)
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators