You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Wal-Rush! NES

b/Consoles Started by JWinslow23, April 23, 2017, 11:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Dream of Omnimaga April 27, 2017, 04:59:12 PM
Maybe if CW url is in the title we could try to get your game on limited edition cartridges and get them sold at La Planque Jeux Vidéo :3=
u/JWinslow23 April 27, 2017, 05:10:08 PM
Don't you worry, the final game will have CW branding ;)

I was actually thinking of maybe, once this is finished, making carts of them and selling them at my local Mega Media Xchange.
u/Dream of Omnimaga April 28, 2017, 12:34:22 AM
I would just need to find a legit place that still produces repro carts. I think there were some that closed down online when the guys got bored of it. It would be nice if some guy charged $30 including getting some LJN or sports cart shipped to him so you could sell the carts for $40-60.

Anyway I'm gonna give the game a try later :)
u/JWinslow23 April 28, 2017, 04:40:20 PM
Bump.

This game now has MUSIC! Using a library called FamiTone2, I was able to make a song in FamiTracker and put it into the game. It even correctly detects whether or not you're using an NTSC or PAL system ;) . (Dendy, however, has correct pitch, but slightly slower tempo.) As it stands now, it loops forever, but I'll be changing that soon enough.

Download attached.
u/Dream of Omnimaga April 28, 2017, 04:41:29 PM
Cool, I'll watch and listen once home :3=

EDIT: I like it. You should add clouds ^^

EDIT: I tried this on emulator @JWinslow23 and it runs very smoothly. You should increase movement speed to be closer to the Atari version, tho.
Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:35:41 PM by DJ Omnimaga
u/p2 May 01, 2017, 05:52:59 PM
omg I so much love the music it's both annoying and cute, which is AWESOME  :thumbsup:
very nice job! Also that walrii flapping is also really nice ^.^

moar plz <3
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 23, 2017, 04:06:57 PM
I think @JWinslow23 canceled this project (I forgot the reason) but I would definitively love if he eventually changed his mind D:
u/p2 May 24, 2017, 08:20:49 AM
iird it was problems with the graphics timing cuz it was flickering like crazy or something like that...
really sad about it tho...  :'(

but I guess we'll have to accept his decicion
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 25, 2017, 03:58:01 AM
Yeah true. I hope he can find a solution or some help on some NES dev forum and change his mind in the future.
u/gameblabla May 25, 2017, 04:53:13 AM
@JWinslow23, is it true that you stopped working on it ?
If so then it is SAD !!!!

I do wonder what language you used to make Wal-Rush NES : Family Basic ? C with CC65 ? Assembly ?
u/JWinslow23 May 25, 2017, 03:13:11 PM
It's on indefinite hold, until I can figure out a good way to structure my program so that no graphical glitches can happen (which they do often in the current demo :P ).
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 25, 2017, 06:37:35 PM
@JWinslow23 you could maybe ask on a NES dev forum. They might know a lot more about timing and stuff.
u/p2 May 28, 2017, 04:39:27 PM
maybe this will help :)
It's an explanation of what I believe to be the same problem he's experiencing ^^
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-many-NES-game-graphics-flicker-while-SNES-games-dont-have-that-issue?share=1
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 28, 2017, 08:37:50 PM
Well if it's due to the sprite limit then that'swhy it flivkers I guess. Don't you need to display like 3-4 sprites per frame alrenatively?
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators