You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

[TI-84+CE] Oiram CE

b/Games Started by MateoConLechuga, September 10, 2016, 07:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Dream of Omnimaga October 15, 2016, 01:34:24 AM
Wait, does this mean you are no longer planning to work on this game? O.O Not that I am wondering when it will come out, since I'm patient enough to wait until it's done, but I'm just wondering since your reply to him implies that it's officially dead and that other members will have to take over.
Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:44:02 AM by DJ Omnimaga
u/MateoConLechuga October 15, 2016, 01:45:24 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 15, 2016, 01:34:24 AM
Wait, does this mean you are no longer planning to work on this game? O.O Not that I am wondering when it will come out, since I'm patient enough to wait until it's done, but I'm just wondering since your reply to him implies that it's officially dead and that other members will have to take over.
No, it is not dead. It's just that I can't support the toolchain, CEmu, work on USB, and still have time for people that just want games on their calc currently. In other words, I expect a little more effort from the community :P
u/xMarminq_ October 15, 2016, 01:45:45 AM
Serious?
:'(
u/Dream of Omnimaga October 15, 2016, 01:58:14 AM
Oh ok. I was worried lol. Anyway I agree with your Mateo. That said, I doubt there will be much effort from the community due to how small it is, but I think if people wants the game to be done soon then they should at least try to give an hand (starting with smaller projects first if they never programmed before, of course, then moving up).
u/MateoConLechuga November 23, 2016, 05:18:02 PM
Updates:

I would just like to thank everyone for the support; it's nice to have :D
u/kotu November 23, 2016, 05:19:24 PM
this is really nice now i wish the 84+CE had sound

* kotu doesnt have a nes or snes aaaaaaarrrrgh
u/Snektron November 23, 2016, 05:29:51 PM
Looks pretty awesome! nice job :)
u/kotu November 23, 2016, 05:31:38 PM
why is it half screen?
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 23, 2016, 08:24:50 PM
I like it :3 but yeah I was wondering about the half-screen as well.
u/MateoConLechuga November 26, 2016, 05:36:09 AM
Half screen to be more like the original size and because I have no idea how much slowdown I might add yet.

Anywho, added goombas, turtles, and the fire sprite, plus some power-ups, along with the flash caused by power-down. Can't shoot fireballs yet, but that's pretty easy to add. Everything is pretty much based on one structure. Also need to make it possible to pick up shells... I haven't really decided how I want to do that yet :P

u/kotu November 26, 2016, 05:38:34 AM
This is too amazing.

Get lost.
u/xMarminq_ November 26, 2016, 05:44:24 AM
You could always put lives and score on the bottom, like a DS would
u/MateoConLechuga November 26, 2016, 05:48:46 AM
Quote from: xMarminq_ on November 26, 2016, 05:44:24 AM
You could always put lives and score on the bottom, like a DS would
Yeah that was also my plan :P I was thinking of having like a neat scrolling log too that logs events... could be neat.
u/Unicorn November 26, 2016, 07:15:47 AM
Oooh that could be very cool! And, um, level editor and compatibility with the Monochrome Mario levels? :P
u/kotu November 26, 2016, 07:59:26 AM
@MateoConLechuga I am sure you know by now I am a fan of your work and your soul

I see the tilemap is scrolling by only a few pixels at a time in this game

Did you update the tilemap? Because when I started experimenting it I could only scroll by TILE_SIZE (in my case 16) at a time without rendering issues.

Thankyou Oh great one   He He He  :P
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators