You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

The CodeWalrus of the Future (mockups and ideas if we ever switch from SMF)

b/Website News Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 30, 2016, 12:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/p2 October 14, 2016, 11:27:15 AM
I think as a calculator and retro gaming community it wouldn't be fit to use a super modern theme. In my opinion we should still make it look like a (modernized) retro site, with some pixelart and fancy oldscool stuff all over the page. Like stuff that was conidered super cool years ago (for example on the very old omnimaga baner there was this grid-model of a human head&shoulders - I really loved that, it was perfect). In general I think we should stick to older designs.
What I'd hate to see would be a white background with nicely arranged text on it. I really love how everything on the ucrrent site is put inside a separeted box aith its own background color. We shouldnt change that.

I'm not saying "never update". What I'd love to ee is the newerst stuff but made to look retro :)
use the new themes, but rewrite the entire css ^^  :thumbsup:
u/Dream of Omnimaga October 14, 2016, 04:27:45 PM
Dudeman double-posting is fine if it has been over 24 hours. <_<

Also p2 yeah my idea would be to stick to a forum-like layout that is simple but not overly simple either, and as banner there would be a strip of screenshots behind the logo.
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators