You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

(Results out!) The Walrii programming contest comes to an end!

b/Contests Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 20, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Locked Topic Previous topic - Next topic

u/Unicorn January 21, 2016, 02:24:33 AM
Quote from: Dudeman313 on January 21, 2016, 01:10:39 AM
Thanks!
Where can I get an HP Prime ROM?
For the HP Prime, you can download the HP Connectivity kit and the Emulator here: http://www.hpprime.de/en/category/6-downloads

And use the video that Dj posted above
u/Dudeman313 January 21, 2016, 02:27:59 AM
Thanks! This makes my 21st post, so now I can vote!
u/DarkestEx January 21, 2016, 03:07:02 PM
I am just voting for c4ooo, even though I was not able to try it yet (too lazy to dig up my old TI-84+, install TIConnect which is crap and delete stuff off my 84+), as I can't play the other entries and JWinslow's never seems to load the leaderboard, making the game hang after the first try and having me to exit out of the game and restart the executable. Good job though.
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:09:30 PM by DarkestEx
u/JWinslow23 January 21, 2016, 05:42:58 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on January 21, 2016, 03:07:02 PM
I am just voting for c4ooo, even though I was not able to try it yet (too lazy to dig up my old TI-84+, install TIConnect which is crap and delete stuff off my 84+), as I can't play the other entries and JWinslow's never seems to load the leaderboard, making the game hang after the first try and having me to exit out of the game and restart the executable. Good job though.
The game didn't hang. The leaderboard just doesn't work on any version but the online version. Just click the play button and you're fine. Did you read the readme? :P
u/DarkestEx January 21, 2016, 06:04:01 PM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 21, 2016, 05:42:58 PM
The game didn't hang. The leaderboard just doesn't work on any version but the online version. Just click the play button and you're fine. Did you read the readme? :P
I never read the readme unless something does not compile :P
u/JWinslow23 January 21, 2016, 06:10:30 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on January 21, 2016, 06:04:01 PM
Well, it does specifically state that highscores only work on the online version. Always read the readme next time ;)
u/DarkestEx January 21, 2016, 06:14:33 PM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 21, 2016, 06:10:30 PM
Well, it does specifically state that highscores only work on the online version. Always read the readme next time ;)
Well I was just searching for an excuse.
Idk how c4ooo's is but I played yours a bit. I was mainly voting for program language effort. Scratch is just nothing I personally like that much but TI-84 requires some more skills. Just forget about it, I removed the vote.
u/JWinslow23 January 21, 2016, 06:22:53 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on January 21, 2016, 06:14:33 PM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 21, 2016, 06:10:30 PM
Well I was just searching for an excuse.
Idk how c4ooo's is but I played yours a bit. I was mainly voting for program language effort. Scratch is just nothing I personally like that much but TI-84 requires some more skills. Just forget about it, I removed the vote.
Are you kidding? Do you know how much trouble I had to go through to learn a new programming language and use it to make a full-fledged game? Have you looked at the horribly inefficient code? (click "See inside" on the online version) I'd say that took way more effort than even my Walrii demo :P
u/critor January 21, 2016, 08:47:04 PM
Very nice games. :)

For Walrii Throw by Unicorn, I'm getting distorted colors compared to the screenshot :

Can you help me ?

Tested on a TI-84+CSE with DoorsCS 8.2 downloaded on ticalc.org and OS 4.0.
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:48:58 PM by critor
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 21, 2016, 09:03:27 PM
Hm i think I know why: @Unicorn probably forgot to use real(0,3,5,0) at the beginning of his program. Changing the last argument to something else rotates sprite, rectangle and text colors.
u/critor January 21, 2016, 09:06:46 PM
Thank you for your reply. :)

but then, how can the screenshot in the 1st post be correct ?
u/c4ooo January 22, 2016, 02:54:18 AM
Well tbh alexgt's looks the best :P Being in color probably contributed something, and of course i dont know if the actual gameplay is any good becouse i dont have the HP(?) to play it :P (EG, is the game a good difficulty level, ect stuff like that ;) )
u/alexgt January 22, 2016, 03:26:05 AM
Quote from: c4ooo on January 22, 2016, 02:54:18 AM
Well tbh alexgt's looks the best :P Being in color probably contributed something, and of course i dont know if the actual gameplay is any good becouse i dont have the HP(?) to play it :P (EG, is the game a good difficulty level, ect stuff like that ;) )
If you have a PC I included a PC version in the zip folder so anyone can play. Since most are lacking a Prime :P
u/c4ooo January 22, 2016, 03:29:18 AM
Quote from: alexgt on January 22, 2016, 03:26:05 AM
Quote from: c4ooo on January 22, 2016, 02:54:18 AM
If you have a PC I included a PC version in the zip folder so anyone can play. Since most are lacking a Prime :P
Yea maybe :)
Also lol i am tired right now so some of my sentances dont make sense, eg by "Being in color probably contributed something," i meant that being in color might earn it some extra points that it might lacks in game play ;) But of course i dont even know what the game pplay is like, i just remember that you never implemented enemies, which could make it boring :P
u/alexgt January 22, 2016, 03:30:49 AM
It is still a little challenging to get places :P
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators