Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What multiplayer games would you play?

Started by Yuki, August 25, 2015, 02:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMachine02

Well I played with a guy over 6K km and it was fine, so I guess it depends on both connection and the game itself.

Snektron

Quote from: Unicorn on August 26, 2015, 02:51:50 AM
If the game is maxed out at 5 players, we could always use Hamachi...
No. Hamatchi is just some software that cs up your connection settings only used by people who don't know how to port-forward their router :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

TheMachine02

Snektron

But then there's no need to forward... you can literally start the server and tell your friends to connect :P

TheMachine02

Unicorn

Maybe, I'm not sure though, as I just learned up it a month ago.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Doesn't that require you to setup your computer as a server or to buy a VPS somewhere? I am unsure myself about how that stuff works.

That said, with Starcraft, that kind of stuff was obsoleted when iCCup became popular.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

I'd play Minecraft, War Thunder, and World of Tanks.

I am available only on weekends.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

TheMachine02

A private codewalrus minecraft server with some mods would definitly be fun indeed. There way too many vanilla server around btw.
Not sure about wich mods should be put though. Also, I think that the weekend is a best in terms of maximum people avaibilty.

novenary

I used to play minecraft a lot but I find it boring without mods, and I hate modpacks. In the end I got fed up with setting up all the mods by hand and stopped playing. :P

Snektron

You know there are modpack launchers, right? like ftb, tekkit and atlauncher? :P

But since not everyone has a game pc, it shouldn't be a too big modpack but not too small either else it gets boring really fast.

TheMachine02

Yeah I think ~25 mods is okayish, as long as big fat slow mods are mainly server one  :P

novenary

CKH4

I have Halo 2 thru 4 (minus odst) and smash but I'm not to happy about giving my gamertag and stuff away so I probably wouldn't play that. So I can play anything that's web based and maybe even a steam game if I can bother to get my other account open. Also Minecraft is a given but I don't really play it anymore.

Also street mods are almost all self installed now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Would you mind giving your gamertag privatwly or is that not OK for you either?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U