Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

March Madness Brackets and Stuff

Started by pimathbrainiac, March 16, 2015, 11:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimathbrainiac

Well, it's that time of year when some of us get really into college students playing ye olde ball in the basket. I get a bit carried away at times (as do several people I know IRL) with bracket creation. I have made a total of 8 brackets so far, so yeah...

Anyways if you want to compete against other calculator community members, I made a group for bracket entry here.

So enter those brackets! (If you want to)
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

What is basketball?

J/k, I didn't know fantasy sports were popular in college and school. Over here it's more older people who are out of school that participates in fantasy sports and it's almost exclusively hockey.

Btw is it restricted to US students, since it's NCAA? I am unsure if I would participate, though, since I do not know any team from the NCAA. I mostly follow the Raptors (during playoffs that is) :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

You can enter a bracket in a group regardless of country. You just can't enter the ESPN sweepstakes stuff unless you are a resident of [insert location list here].
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah right, that's cool then :D. I'll think about it. The issue is that like most French Canadians, I don't care much about basketball (I prefer hockey, baseball, soccer and football in order) but since it's fantasy sports and is with the TI community members that could prove to be interesting :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

I don't really know any team from the entire NCAA but I can check it out.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Just pick any team from Massachussets or New England I guess. :P Vermont or Maine can also work too but that's not as much into Bruins and Patriots territory :P

EDIT: Actually it might be good if I could understand how this works :P

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 16, 2015, 11:45:20 PM
EDIT: Actually it might be good if I could understand how this works :P
I agree :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...