Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

TinyFish [ti-nspire lua]

Started by LD Studios, May 08, 2015, 08:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LD Studios

Something I started a while ago but only recently finished.

Compatible with OS 3.1, but only tested on OS 3.9
Every 150points, the game gets more difficult and you unlock a new character

Dream of Omnimaga

Oooh I like how it looks like. Is it related to Flappy Bird? Because the graphics seems similar, aside from the grayscaleness. I will have to give this a try at some point. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Looks awesome! Might there be a animated screenshot in the future?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Looks cool I really like the menus
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

LD Studios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 08, 2015, 09:42:21 PM
Oooh I like how it looks like. Is it related to Flappy Bird? Because the graphics seems similar, aside from the grayscaleness. I will have to give this a try at some point. :)
It's a flappybird-esque game, but the gameplay is actually pretty different than flappy bird.

Quote from: Unicorn on May 08, 2015, 09:45:57 PM
Looks awesome! Might there be a animated screenshot in the future?

Any lag in the .gif is the video recorder, not the game

Quote from: alexgt on May 08, 2015, 11:32:26 PM
Looks cool I really like the menus
Thanks!

Dream of Omnimaga

LD Studios you should use  a different image hosting service, such as img.ourl.ca. Your image link is broken unless we copy the URL then manually enter it in the address bar, because Postimg doesn't allow hotlinking. I'm gonna give this a try in OS 3.1 when I recharge my Nspire CX (it doesn't hold a charge for more than 2 weeks) to see how the speed is.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

LD Studios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 09, 2015, 04:19:05 PM
LD Studios you should use  a different image hosting service, such as img.ourl.ca. Your image link is broken unless we copy the URL then manually enter it in the address bar, because Postimg doesn't allow hotlinking. I'm gonna give this a try in OS 3.1 when I recharge my Nspire CX (it doesn't hold a charge for more than 2 weeks) to see how the speed is.
I'm not sure what you mean, I see it play fine with the img tags, pus i've never had a problem hyperlinking to postimage. Do you see the .gif playing above?

Anyways, update:
-Added two more fish
-Added treasure chests (pay attention, they blend in with the weeds)
-Difficulty increases every 200 points now, not 150, but difficulty level was balanced better
-Different characters now have different parameters for their swim/dart/fall speeds as well as their width/height
-Added a little easter egg
-Ctrl+Del now clears all game data
-Improved hitboxes

Unicorn

I don't see the .gif. Maybe you should just make an imgur acount, it makes posting/uploading photos waaaayy easier.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: LD Studios on May 10, 2015, 12:06:58 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 09, 2015, 04:19:05 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, I see it play fine with the img tags, pus i've never had a problem hyperlinking to postimage. Do you see the .gif playing above?
Nope, I can't see it. I see it fine if I manually enter the URL in my address bar, though. Probably some new restriction postimage added to save bandwidth.

Anyway gonna try the update soon :) Do you plan to upload this to ticalc.org?

Unicorn

Could someone link to the .gif? I cant copy/paste on my kindle :(

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on May 10, 2015, 06:04:53 AM
Could someone link to the .gif? I cant copy/paste on my kindle :(
http://s21.postimg.org/bl39bpsv9/tinyfish.gif

On a side note, I wonder if you could add a :walrii: as bonus character or who just randomly appears, floating around, every now and then? :P

Unicorn

Thanks! But yeah, when he copied the link, LD didn't copy the directlink option, he copied the postimage link.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

LD Studios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 10, 2015, 06:02:27 AM
Nope, I can't see it. I see it fine if I manually enter the URL in my address bar, though. Probably some new restriction postimage added to save bandwidth.
Anyway gonna try the update soon :) Do you plan to upload this to ticalc.org?
Weird, I can see it, I wonder what the inconsistency is?
And I think there will be one more update because I want to fix a few things, and then I'll upload to ticalc.org

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 10, 2015, 06:09:27 AM
On a side note, I wonder if you could add a :walrii: as bonus character or who just randomly appears, floating around, every now and then? :P
Possibly :P

CKH4

I had initially ignored this but its super cool actually. I like how its not as simple and boring as flappy bird and it looks really fun and entertaining.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

LD Studios

Quote from: CKH4 on May 10, 2015, 01:40:28 PM
I had initially ignored this but its super cool actually. I like how its not as simple and boring as flappy bird and it looks really fun and entertaining.
Thanks, I think the darting mechanic really adds a level of depth, the sharks/crabs/treasure chests are pretty cool too :P