Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Guess who's back? The ads!

Started by Yuki, June 13, 2020, 03:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Remember back in 2016-2018 when we had ads? We made sure they weren't annoying and full of viruses, and as a result, that probably was the most hilarious experiment we've ever done on the site. Our members paid to have their "I lost the game" cposts to show up, and even fellow forums Omnimaga and Cemetech joined in the fun. At one point, it probably paid for almost half of our operating expenses.

Unfortunately, all fun have to come to an end, and in 2018 Project Wonderful closed its doors due to social networks stealing the views away from independent websites. As a result, we had to turn the ads off, since it's the only ad network we thought made sense at the time.

Enter Comicad Network, who in 2019 built a new ad network out of Project Wonderful's ashes. I was kinda put off at first since they only seemed to allow webcomics and comic-like sites, but as I was setuping my webcomic this week (go read it!), I also applied for CodeWalrus (they allow video games sites, close enough) and sure enough it worked. And sure enough, we get the same kind of ads as we got back on Project Wonderful. This is gonna be fun.

So here you go. Ads. Have fun with them.

Also if you've read until now, we ran out of money to pay for the server again (life's kinda hard with this pandemic thing) so y'all should also click here and give us all of your money. Well, if you can.

Thanks!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I was skeptical at first since the service had like 70 followers on Twitter, but then I saw on their website that they were trying to revive Project Wonderful and I like the idea. This means the ads will also remain related to web comics.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

@Juju could you make the ad so that it fits the browser screen on mobile? There are currently scrollbars.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U