Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What series do you watch?

Started by Snektron, January 25, 2015, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Quote from: p2 on October 04, 2016, 09:21:21 PM
are you sure?
No.                         

My Neighbor Totoro is an excellent movie and I should watch more Ghibli movies. Speaking of which, I have a poster hung up on my wall with this scene Totoro waits for the bus with the girl. Except it's a bear. And a friend of the girl in my avatar. In my city.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

I started watching a new anime called Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress:
It's made by the creators of Atack On Titan so the graphics is just a awesome, too.
But the plot is a bit different as it's zombie-like creatures threatening mankind.
I can REALLY recomend watching it!
A bit bloody but great graphics, super coo story, epic music! 10/10  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

p2

okey I've ben a few more anime and I thought I should share my thoughts with you:

Tokyo Ghoul:
A bit bloody, very interesting story set. there are ghouls with special fighting abilities that have to feed from human flesh and blood. The main character is attaked by one but the attacker gets killed in an acident and hes baldy injured, too. They transplant her inner organs into him in order to save his live, what makes him partially human and partially ghoul.
The graphics isn't too bad, nor the music. Pretty much the average. 8 / 10

Hellsing:
A bit bloody, too, but again something really nice: Vampires exist but it's not just a regular humans VS vampires, its catholics VS hellsing family VS vampires: The Hellsing family has accepted taking in vampires to fight against vampires, while the vatican just wants to kill all vampires and never negotiates with them, so its three partys everyon against everyone. The main character is a girl that was wounded in a vampire hunt by the hellsing family's vampire when she was taken captive by a vampire. In order to save her live she was turned into a vampire, too, fighting for the hellsing family now. The series is from 1996 (iirc) and you can really see that... so the graphics is a bit crappy (like the original dragonball series in case you watched it) but the characters are truely awesome, music is pretty good, too. 8.5 / 10

The Future Diary:
Holy c, that's a hard one... If you have watched Akame Ga Kill you probably understand what I mean... It's hard to watch it, you permanently have the feeling you should stop watching, but you can't. It's awesome (creepy) characters, twisted plots, bloody messes, and a genious storyline all together in one anime, together with a good bottle of psychic weirdness... Story: a couple of random guys get information about the future on thei phones that updates each time something changes. it's a last-one-standing death match as the winner is going to become the new king about time and space (that sounds weird, but its really done a cool way in the series). So basically a number of psychos trying to kill the main character, relations between characters, psychic unstable people all over the place, ... really nice ^^ 8.5 / 10

God eater:
The world is overrun by monsters and only special weapons made of living cells rom monsters can kill them. awesome endgame-scenario with really nice characters and a lot of fancy weaponry. nice to watch, I like the story. 7.5 / 10

@DJ Omnimaga where am I supposed to put reviews for 18+ animes? ^^ (more c than ecchi as well as intense violent ones)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Yuki

Yeah, um, reminds me we have no saucy/lewd/nsfw/18+ subforum, shall we?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

p2

threads with 18+ // nsfw content are marked as such, but I thought it would suck to mark an entire thread nsfw because of one single post... :/ Should we use spoilers with the title NSFW to mark such content...?
(would be cool if they were invisible to anyone <18yo but that'd be hard to do I guess

Yuki

It'd actually be nice if there's a member group that would be set according to your DOB you set in your profile.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

The main issue is that some users might use a fake age or might not be willing to have such content visible and thus, be forced to put in a fake age under 18. That could cause some issues with people getting the site blacklisted at schools and stuff, or worse, on search engines and crawlers (which happened several times to Omni, although we suspect that some people might have flagged it manually). Which is why I was always reluctant about having such board. Such addition would require a public vote. Also I still think that such section should only allow discussing 18+ material (eg how you liked some ecchi animes), not share pictures or videos containing blatant cographic material. There are other sites for that
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

no I only had ecchi anime in mind nothing too serious. but as there are 18+ ecchis, too, I thought it'd be a good idea not to post anything ecchi related ^^

Yuki

Yeah, well, I never intend allowing straight out posting c here, ever. But yeah, might be interesting to discuss about those.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

p2

and that was my question again: special marked topic? NSFW-spoilers? how to add them? ^^

GGamingStudio Respect

I no longer watch TV either, but there's a few shows I enjoy watching, mainly cartoons and anime, but also the one man and stand-up comic shows they sometimes air on TV. I used to have a ton of channels with this numeric receptor or something like that, but turns out we're alright with those 3 free over-the-air channels we get from the antenna.

If you want a list, I'd say the shows I enjoy watching are My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Dans une galaxie près de chez vous, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Adventure Time, Regular Show, some other stuff along these lines, and I should probably look at Gravity Falls, Star vs. The Forces of Evil and catch up on Doctor Who. And for anime, I just finished watching Nijichou, it's pretty funny. The random kind of funny. I should probably find something else to watch now.

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice to see another Dans Une Galaxie fan. I still need to watch the second movie (I'm not much into sitcoms, though). Recently I've been watching a lot of sci-fi movies released on Netflix (some of the more obscure stuff rather than superhero movies), Stranger Things and some dark comedy movies.

I still hope MCOG season 4 comes out in 2020.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: GGamingStudio Respect on October 13, 2019, 04:07:04 PMI no longer watch TV either, but there's a few shows I enjoy watching, mainly cartoons and anime, but also the one man and stand-up comic shows they sometimes air on TV. I used to have a ton of channels with this numeric receptor or something like that, but turns out we're alright with those 3 free over-the-air channels we get from the antenna.

If you want a list, I'd say the shows I enjoy watching are My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Dans une galaxie près de chez vous, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Adventure Time, Regular Show, some other stuff along these lines, and I should probably look at Gravity Falls, Star vs. The Forces of Evil and catch up on Doctor Who. And for anime, I just finished watching Nijichou, it's pretty funny. The random kind of funny. I should probably find something else to watch now.
Hey, same thing here, I don't really watch TV anymore, and I don't really want to pay for the numeric receptor thing only for the one channel I want to watch. (Although it's the one thing I'm missing fom numeric TV...)

Speaking of which, MLP:FiM just ended yesterday after 9 seasons, that was a pretty good finale, check it out if you haven't.

EDIT: wait you just copy-pasted my old post from 2015, I knew that post is familiar...
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on October 13, 2019, 05:52:04 PMEDIT: wait you just copy-pasted my old post from 2015, I knew that post is familiar...
Wait, that might be a bot then, a really smart one like the bots that took Cemetech posts and copypasted them on a different forum while still managing to stay on-topic around 2009 or so.