Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalrusIRC - An OmnomIRC rewrite

Started by Yuki, January 16, 2015, 08:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

You should make WalrusIRC so that the timestamps always appears in the box no matter how long lines of text are, so when someone posts an ultra-long link we can still see the timestamps of newer messages.

Edit:

Text wrapping issues in WIRC.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yeah i've noticed that too. Also there appears a weird bar when you upload something to img.codewalr.us
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah when I drag an image in the box the box scrolls down by about 25 pixels and if I release the mouse button I miss the text box. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

New features!

- Whenever you get highlighted and the chatbox isn't focused, the title flash with a message!
- Also desktop notifications, enable them with top left Walrii menu > Options > Enable desktop notifications and grant the permissions!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Awesome, it works pretty nicely ! :D

Yuki

Thanks, glad this update works fine ^_^

Also another update that impacts pretty much nothing but probably speed, maybe: the easter eggs are now integrated in the repo!
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

novenary

Looks like the notifications still get sent when disabled btw.

Yuki

Lemme try something. Does it work now?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

novenary

Can't say, PC is off now. Idk how I'm even awake lol.

Yuki

Well it works for me, anyway. Gotta commit this, along with duplicate code deletion. ^_^
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

It would be nice if we didn't get highlighted when Walrified (or any of its alt nicks) posted. :P

Also a bug report: pokes persists after page refresh, which shouldn't happen.

And being able to disable them entirely would be nice

Snektron

Can you maybe disable (or make an option to disable) notifications from walrified? i now get a notification every time i post and it's kinda irritating

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 26, 2015, 11:44:27 AM
It would be nice if we didn't get highlighted when Walrified (or any of its alt nicks) posted. :P
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 26, 2015, 12:59:51 PM
Can you maybe disable (or make an option to disable) notifications from walrified? i now get a notification every time i post and it's kinda irritating
That should probably be done, yeah.

Also a bug report: pokes persists after page refresh, which shouldn't happen.
It's a known bug: the backlog don't trigger the notifications thing, unless it's the last line. Gotta figure out a way.

And being able to disable them entirely would be nice
That too.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe have it trigger the notification thing only if you are on the page and not on refresh?

Snektron

I still get the scrolling bug <_< its really annoying