Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Game mock-up graphics and ideas

Started by tr1p1ea, February 08, 2015, 06:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok. Yeah it was more to suggest anyone who might have the calc and might be interested.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Oh, I'd love to do that kind of game but I've had no experience with tilemappers or inventory plus I'd have to go emulated.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Tilmappers are easy to do once you get the principe behind them. YOu're just blitting images in a grid and the hardest part in a tilemapper is only to find the region to draw (to avoid drawing the whole level for a small screen)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

i don't have a color calc either, but maybe i'll do some android app.

When doing physics class a few days back i got an idea for a game.
Something where you build a particle accelerator: you can place blocks like emitters,
detectors and accelerators, connecting them with some kind of wire. When particles collide at a high enough speed they fuse it to
a higher tier particle, and when they go in some kind of other block (or maybe collide with the same particles which are
flying in the opposite direction), they generate some kind tokens with which you can buy better blocks (for example emitting a higher
tier particle).
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean like 2048 but with blocks flying everywhere? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

LD Studios

Eiyeron has already seen this :P
But here's a thing I made, feel free to use it for a flappy bird clone that you don't want to look like all the others.

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I like those new graphics. Most Flappy Bird games just re-use the originals. I like your custom version of the sprites :)

How do the separate backgrounds work, though? Is it meant to be for multi-parallax scrolling?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

• Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, those tiles could very well be used in a Mario game too. :P You would need to add some extra tiles like question blocks, a dark background and enemies, but it would definitively be doable.

Also the floor in the square mockup reminds me a little bit of Super Walrii Land floors :P

LD Studios

Thanks! :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 23, 2015, 05:28:23 AM
Ooh I like those new graphics. Most Flappy Bird games just re-use the originals. I like your custom version of the sprites :)

How do the separate backgrounds work, though? Is it meant to be for multi-parallax scrolling?
It's meant for multi-parallax yeah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 23, 2015, 04:39:28 PM
On a side note, those tiles could very well be used in a Mario game too. :P You would need to add some extra tiles like question blocks, a dark background and enemies, but it would definitively be doable.

Also the floor in the square mockup reminds me a little bit of Super Walrii Land floors :P
I might add more sprites so it can double as a mario-type platformer, nice idea!

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok thanks for the info. :) I wonder how fast parallax scrolling would be with Ndless. With the HP Prime in order to get speed you must pre-render parallax frames, else with that many layers it would get as slow as Nspire OS 3.1 Lua. But with everything pre-rendered it's blazing fast.

EDIT: I just had a weird idea: What about a Flappy Bird clone with many parallax layers, but where the layers scrolls the wrong way with the farthest layer scrolling faster? That would probably add to the difficulty XD (one SNES game called Jim Power did that)

Snektron