Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Some Bejeweled graphics or some such game

Started by JWinslow23, July 13, 2015, 04:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWinslow23

Here's some quick pixel art I did of some Bejeweled graphics. One side is in color (not necessarily CSE or xLIBC pallete) and one side is in black and white. I might use this for a Bejeweled clone of my OWN! (and I lent these to @unknownloner for something he wants to do for fun)

Tell me what you think!

Dream of Omnimaga

I like them. Since there is already a Bejeweled clone now, could they instead be used as a custom sprîte sheet?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 13, 2015, 06:08:57 AM
I like them. Since there is already a Bejeweled clone now, could they instead be used as a custom sprîte sheet?
Actually, I was at least thinking of making a Bejeweled for the 84+. The color side was just for testing what it might look like if it had color (and was how I designed the shapes of the gems and such). I think I did well making them small yet different enough.

Here are two mockups I just now made of some such game. Everyone, tell me which one you like best!

Mockup 1:

Mockup 2:

EDIT: For absolutely no reason at all other than boredom, I made artificial colorizations of each! These are not meant to be CSE or xLIBC colors, but they're colors that I think look cool.

Mockup 1:

Mockup 2:

Dream of Omnimaga

Very nice looking JWinslow29. The only problem is that for the color mockups, the board might need to use a lighter or darker color, because with medium gray and such bright tiles it kinda looks weird. My 2nd ones are my favorite, by the way.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

:( The images are broken for me. Do I not have the right omnimaga permissions? (The image links are omnimaga)\

EDIT: Since alexgt can see them, I guess it may be my computer that is running windows xp <.<
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I like the ones that have a smaller Bejeweled text across the top :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

These look quite good! good job :)

inb4 King steals them and makes another clone
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

JWinslow23

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 13, 2015, 08:59:54 PM

Lol :P

I'm trying to see how to make the logos with pure BASIC in a fast, preferably memory efficient way. I'm considering vertical textsprites, but I'm not sure they work on the top 4 rows...unless someone has a database of the TOP pixels on each character?

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on July 13, 2015, 01:57:01 PM
:( The images are broken for me. Do I not have the right omnimaga permissions? (The image links are omnimaga)\

EDIT: Since alexgt can see them, I guess it may be my computer that is running windows xp <.<
I have the feeling that Omnimaga or @Sorunome (who runs their image uploader) disabled hotlinking on other sites or CW to save bandwidth, because I had the same problem with many Ourl.ca images in the last week or so. It could just be Ourl.ca server spazzing out for a few seconds, though.

To view the images, quote the post, grab the URLs there then paste them in your address bar.
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 13, 2015, 08:59:54 PM

Do you mean The_King? https://www.omnimaga.org/profile/hking1/

Sorunome

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 14, 2015, 03:48:06 AM

I have the feeling that Omnimaga or @Sorunome (who runs their image uploader) disabled hotlinking on other sites or CW to save bandwidth, because I had the same problem with many Ourl.ca images in the last week or so. It could just be Ourl.ca server spazzing out for a few seconds, though.

To view the images, quote the post, grab the URLs there then paste them in your address bar.
Such a thing is not happening, img.ourl.ca is open for all. He might be experiencing cloudflare issues, though? Or other caching issues?
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Unicorn

I'm going to try to view it on a different platform to see if its just the computer.

Oh, so omnimaga uses https, and its not supported here. without the https, just http, it works :D
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Sorunome on July 14, 2015, 09:15:25 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 14, 2015, 03:48:06 AM

Such a thing is not happening, img.ourl.ca is open for all. He might be experiencing cloudflare issues, though? Or other caching issues?
I myself noticed that sometimes, Ourl images will not load, then after I open one manually, everything works fine afterwards. Maybe the server or Cloudflare are spazzing out for like 2-3 seconds and the timeout is set too fast?

That said, I had issues with accessing CloudFlare websites in the past, which is one of the reasons why CW only uses it to a minimum.