Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

SDL/n2DLib ports for TI Nspire

Started by gameblabla, August 19, 2015, 08:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Glad to hear. Also I am curious about which ISO would fit on the Nspire CX... a lot of those games got elaborate soundtracks (eg Ys Book I & II)

As for TX666 you could add some flying walruses running into the plane after you progressed far enough? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

I'm curious, anyone saw TX666's ending ?
I might lower the difficulty but i'm not sure if i should do that because when i wrote the ending,
i was on crack man  O.O

I'm trying to compile Mednafen with my own Makefile but of course, it doesn't work...
It complains (at linking time) that some classes are undefined etc... even i though i linked to stdc++...
Am i missing something ?
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

I didn't have time to try the game unfortunately. I didn't even have the chance to give the PCE emu a try >.<

I'll see if I can try it later tonight or this weekend.

As for your question, you should make a separate topic called Ndless development or Nspire C++ questions, so people see it more. Some members only visits help topics.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

gameblabla

Quote from: Streetwalrus on September 25, 2015, 09:46:38 PM
Using c++ now ? :trollface:
Of course, you HAD to do this. lol
Mednafen is a C++ mess, what the hell is wrong with those namespaces ?

Anyways, i solved my issue but i think i'm stuck : Mednafen requires Threads.
I can't recompile nSDL to add thread support either because with the recent ndless versions,
it is currently crashing.
(the one provided by ndless works oddly enough...)

And i can't use pthread because you know... it is not available.
(and i can't make pthread work with Mednafen anyways)

Vogtinator said he planned on working on this but for now, i'm stuck.

Gotta try another emulator i guess.

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry to hear about that stuff D:, I hope this doesn't  compromise your future projects.

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 28, 2015, 03:44:44 AM
Sorry to hear about that stuff D:, I hope this doesn't  compromise your future projects.
Unfortunely, it will.
I'm still active but i'm mainly working on gcw0 for now, not nspire.
If there's any new progress regarding thread support or even progress in GCC so it no longer generate bad code,
i'll be back with new projects don't worry.

Because my hands are empty and i got nothing to give you for now,
here's an easy version for TX666. (downloads right below)
Enjoy the ending, hahahaha !

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I see. Will you post about gcw in the future?

gameblabla

Hello guys,
i'm back porting games again.

RetroGuru has recently announced that Fruit'Y, their latest game, is available for Dreamcast as a physical copy.
I have ported the game to TI Nspire, it will be made available shortly in a few days by retroguru themselves.
(Digital downloads are not yet released to the public)

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait... a calculator can run a Dreamcast game? O.OO How is the game speed?

Glad to see a new port from you by the way. :)

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 05, 2015, 05:29:26 PM
Wait... a calculator can run a Dreamcast game? O.OO How is the game speed?

Glad to see a new port from you by the way. :)
Yeah, sorta. hahaha !
It's not hugely impressive by Dreamcast standards though and it's not even using the GPU for graphics. (it's all framebuffered)
The game runs fine on my non-overclocked Ti Nspire but it could be made faster if i switch to n2DLib,
which won't happen because the team wants to keep the game as portable as possible. (they don't really have a good abstraction)

Otherwise, it's a pretty good game and might become a must on nspire.
It's definitively a refreshing change from the Sqrxz series.

Dream of Omnimaga

I'll definitively have to try it, assuming it works on my semi-broken Nspire. >.< Otherwise I could check how to get it on my DC since I got the game console.

semiprocoder

When will the ndless 4.0 come out already I've been waiting over a month(yeah I know its been in development for like half a year now), but I needs it nowsees, to play all these epic nspire games, and not just lua games(some of which are acutally good I have to say).
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ndless 4.0 will be ready when it will be ready. It takes time for the dev team to find exploits in order to get it to bypass the many anti-ASM/C protections that TI adds to each OS. Once such exploit is found, the team then needs to make Ndless stable. IIRC, most development is done behind the scene so that it doesn't fall under TI's hands.

And when Ndless 4.0 comes out, it will most likely be followed by a new OS that blocks it again. Hence why Ndless releases for a specific OS are always several months behind. This is the same thing in the console or iOS jailbreaking community.

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 06, 2015, 01:49:33 AM
I'll definitively have to try it, assuming it works on my semi-broken Nspire. >.< Otherwise I could check how to get it on my DC since I got the game console.
It should work if my ports of sqrxz games work on it.
If you want to get it on your dreamcast on a physical copy though hen it's actually pretty cheap,
probably the cheapest homebrew release on a physical format for Dreamcast.
It's 2.5€ without shipping. See here : https://www.dragonbox.de/en/343-fruity-dreamcast-homebrew.html