Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

^this. It's just written in a semi-english way to make it understandable, with label names that only appears in the source code.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Assembly code is pretty much the closest we have to binary machine code, each keyword translates almost directly to machine code, plus a few preprocessor stuff to help you a bit, e.g. label names translating to whatever address the label is on.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

kotu

We all know that I can write assembler which is great

In fact mateo's iq is only 140 and so sorus as well

My iq is unspecified (150-190) soru does science
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Jarren Long

Hello! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I was a long-time lurker in the Omnimaga days too, under the guises of JincS & VBSLong before that. And Calc Haven before that. Yep.

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome back :D. While a lot of us don't do calculator stuff anymore, we still hang out on a regular basis to chat about various related things. 

I hope that you enjoy your stay. :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: xlibman on September 15, 2017, 12:52:06 PM
...a lot of us don't do calculator stuff anymore....
(-_(//));

I am clearly not part of the majority  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

True. It's mainly those who have been around for a long while that moved on to different projects and hobbies overall. :P

p2

I guess most of us were similar:
We started programming on calculators, mostly the 83+/84+ family, then learned xLib, later axe or ASM, and finally moved to PCs, and now we're fully fledged software devs still sticking to the forum where we grew up <3
But I think that's actually not a bad thing as new members still get a lot og´f help in calculator problems, while we also get more and more help for other stuff like C# or Java ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true, plus those who used to do calc stuff can help new users sometimes, unless they forgot most stuff (sometimes, it all comes back when you try calc programming again, though).

CrackerBoy13

Hey guys! I've been on Codewalr.us for a little bit, but I don't think I have said hello.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus CE, TI-36X Pro, TI-34 MultiView, and various other small calculators
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, 3 Wii's, 2 GBA's, 3 DS's, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, iPod, iPad, iPhone
Don't judge a book by it's cover... unless it has a picture of me on the front...

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Leviset

Hi I'm a very long in the tooth IT guy and Session Guitarist, now retired. I started in IT in 1979 writing small business applications on an HP-97 ending up in charge of a worldwide network running on servers and mainframes. A few years ago I came across the HPCC after buying a time capsule unused HP-41CX plus printer and card reader. Since then I've concentrated on programming and repairing vintage programmable calculators and recently I was sent a free TI-59 from Israel that had belonged to a scientist who had worked at Los Alamos. I quickly repaired the battery pack and it's the first 59 that the card reader is working.
In the last 2 weeks I've repaired a Commodore PR 100 (new battery pack - the internal 3 AAA pack for a Tomy baby monitor is ideal) although I can't find a printed manual or 6v DC ADAPTOR. I've also bought another time capsule, an unused Sharp PC-1251 pocket compute with its CE-125 base unit with tape micro cassette and printer.

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya Leviset, I believe I saw your nickname in the past, but I forgot where (Omnimaga or HP Museum?). Welcome to Codewalrus. :)

I myself was gifted a TI-57 a few months ago but I don't have the adapter thing to power it yet I think. It's an interesting device but I assume the TI-59 is more popular. I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

p2

Wew, yet another guy that was a calc pro even before I was born  :thumbsup:
Welcome to the site @Leviset  :)
Hope you enjoy your stay
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Leviset

You can run the TI-57 internally with a 9v battery but NOT the TI-59, you'll fry it. I used a 3 AAA battery pack used for a Tomy baby alarm as a replacement pack. If you have an Elektronika MK-61 calculator, it's power supply will run the TI-59.
The major difference is the 59 has a built in card reader.
Denny