Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Karma Tracking IRC Bot?

Started by Unicorn, September 03, 2015, 03:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Just putting my opinion out there: Why don't we test out a bot that does karma like the cemetech bot, but with a 30 second delay on incrementing the same person twice. See how that goes for a while and go from there!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm late to reply to this, but since you posted this @Unicorn , I sometimes checked Cemetech on mobile and half of the time I saw someone abusing DecBot during several minutes until the bot or someone else told them to stop, and that happened multiple times with different people. 30 seconds would not be anywhere enough to stop spam and abuse. It would need to be a 24 hours auto-ignore like RunerBot when people spammed bot commands.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 28, 2016, 03:40:37 AM
I'm late to reply to this, but since you posted this @Unicorn , I sometimes checked Cemetech on mobile and half of the time I saw someone abusing DecBot during several minutes until the bot or someone else told them to stop, and that happened multiple times with different people. 30 seconds would not be anywhere enough to stop spam and abuse. It would need to be a 24 hours auto-ignore like RunerBot when people spammed bot commands.
Maybe this bot only increments your karma if you're logged in from CodeWalrus on an account. The same person can't increment themselves, one person can't add more than one karma at a time, and one person can't increase another's karma within an hour or something like that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

That could work if the bot is programmed to be linked to this SMF install. That might be difficult to implement, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 28, 2016, 03:40:37 AM
lol I've only ever seen that happen once :P But yeah, that is a valid concern :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???