Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What OS do you use?? (poll)

Started by kotu, April 05, 2017, 02:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So.... what OS do you use??

Windows 10
Windows 8
Windows 7
Windows XP, Vista or older
Linux
Mac OS
Other

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 06, 2017, 04:19:15 PM
What is a rattler gameblabla?
Someone who uses a RAT (remote administration software) in order to spy on unsuspecting users. (most of the time, lil' girls)
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Switchblade

Quote from: semiprocoder on April 06, 2017, 03:24:31 PM
I use windows 10 and the UI is much neater, but I wish that microsoft would release dx 12 for windows 7 cause win 7 allows for much greater control over privacy features and the like. Also I hate all the random windows apps that are installed on my computer like "get office." Thanks microsoft.

Can't you uninstall those?  Anyways, nowhere as many as most android phones have!   :D

Yuki

Quote from: Switchblade on April 06, 2017, 10:10:57 PM
Anyways, nowhere as many as most android phones have!   :D
That's what happen when you let OEMs install your operating system on your hardware. On Windows, of course you can reinstall a fresh copy and get rid of everything, but on Android it's a bit harder. You can't uninstall those apps without rooting. At least in some cases you can flash another clean ROM.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: gameblabla on April 06, 2017, 04:41:20 PM
Someone who uses a RAT (remote administration software) in order to spy on unsuspecting users. (most of the time, lil' girls)
I swear I heard of that in hi school. IIRC a teacher mentioned that once, saying if he suspects a student to procastinate, he might monitor his public computer usage.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 08, 2017, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: gameblabla on April 06, 2017, 04:41:20 PM
I swear I heard of that in hi school. IIRC a teacher mentioned that once, saying if he suspects a student to procastinate, he might monitor his public computer usage.
Teachers can and will do that. Computer labs usually have the software to do that.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

WholeWheatBagels

You forgot ChromeOS
Chromebooks are pretty good tho in all seriousness, super fast and not much overhead. That said, it is basically just running Chrome, thats it.

Quote from: Juju on April 08, 2017, 07:01:13 PM
-- [quote snip]
Teachers can and will do that. Computer labs usually have the software to do that.
Our school-issued chromebooks have the Hapara extension installed for that reason
[spoiler]but ofc I have figured out how to uninstall it  >:D  the hacker in me comes out
(In theory it's not supposed to be able to be removed)
Go ahead,   arrest me....
Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

Switchblade

Chromebooks have a ton of limitations, don't they?

WholeWheatBagels

They can only run chrome apps / extensions, so no programs really. No PC games or anything, just browser based stuff.

Google drive / docs is your MS word, excel, powerpoint, etc.
You can run (most) android apps through sideloading, though; lots of stuff can be done that way.
Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Switchblade on April 08, 2017, 10:26:58 PM
Chromebooks have a ton of limitations, don't they?
And Best Buy and Staples used to try to pass them off as regular laptops to unsuspecting customers over here when they first got introduced. <_< People were like ZOMGOMGOMGZORZ A $200 LAPTOP BUY BUY BUY NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Well, at least it was a bit obvious it's not a gaming computer and it's designed for those who only use Word/Internet.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

_iPhoenix_

Mac is bae, Mac is crap.

Seriously.

I get like 1200 frames in MC, but it's still crap.
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

p2

Mc on a MacBook mostly sucks because java on macOS is far from running smooth. At that point I'd rather blame the Java devs than the MacBook dev guys ;)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

c4ooo

But you should really  blame yourself for not running windows 7 on a 16 threaded water cooled cpu and the latest gtx GPU for a couple more hundred then your macbook cost. :ninja:
* c4ooo runs

p2

well I get 32 fps on 64 chunks max sight distance with shater and texturepack, so I'm fine  :thumbsup:
and I'd like to see u using ur tower pc for hours straight in the train or other public transport thingys <_<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

c4ooo

Quote from: p2 on April 10, 2017, 08:05:10 AM
well I get 32 fps on 64 chunks max sight distance with shater and texturepack, so I'm fine  :thumbsup:
Wait really? I thought you said it ran poor lol xD