Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

ZPATH - Imaginary Recursive Path Plotter

Started by brentmaas, January 23, 2015, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentmaas

Whilst bored at math, I made a small TIBasic program to plot a recursive path for imaginary numbers. I had no actual plans with it, but Cumred_Snektron told me I should post it here, so here you go.

ZPATH
Imaginary Recursive Path Plotter

Copy of the readme:
Made by Brent Maas
ZPATH is a program designed for plotting recursive paths of imaginary numbers.
It has been developed and successfully tested on a TI 84+, compatibility for other devices unknown.

Z(0):       The very first value of the imaginary number Z.
Z(n):       Recursive formula using Z(0) as first number. Can use all operations originally delivered by the TI OS.
            The variable N is used as replacement for Zn-1.
Iterations: Amount of times the formula will be executed.

For best results:
-Toggle AxesOff in the FORMAT menu.
-Expand your window to a suitable size in the WINDOW menu.

Downloads in attachment
Lel I glitched Omni

CKH4

Reminds me of basic solvers that I write whenever our teacher gives us a new formula. This is quite more advanced than anything I've wrote. Looks nice, I might put it onto my calc.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Quote from: CKH4 on January 23, 2015, 06:50:57 PM
Reminds me of basic solvers that I write whenever our teacher gives us a new formula.
this guy gets it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

aetios

You mean like all the quadratic solvers I wrote? :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: aeTIos on March 03, 2015, 09:12:33 AM
You mean like all the quadratic solvers I wrote? :P
You made more than one? O.O

Am I the only community member who never wrote a quadratic solver? ???
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yeah, it was one of the first programs i wrote (at one point they're just slowing you down and it takes longer to do your homework, so yeah <_<)

Dream of Omnimaga

I myself don't even know how to write one because I never really needed such program and I never bothered learning how to write my own. My first program was some sort of menu-based tool meant to be used alongside a dice+pen comic-based role playing game, then my second calc program was the ancestor of Illusiat which had menu-based battles.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Well theres a simple equasion, so it's as simple as "prompt a,b,c" and a few Disp's :P

Dream of Omnimaga

But how do you add 3D polygon and grayscale support? <_<

Snektron

what are you talking about? i mean this one eh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_formula

Dream of Omnimaga

I was kidding because there is a quadratic equation solver on ticalc.org that features grayscale graphics and requires xLIB or Doors CS 7 to run. :P

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

It was meant as a joke really. Back in the days, the entire 83+ math section was just 1 folder and about 100 programs were quadratic solvers. So many were uploaded that ticalc once stopped accepting new ones, except the grayscale one was let in since it was meant to be a parody of the lack of originality on ticalc.org.

It actually came out shortly after the grayscale number guessing game.

Scipi

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 06, 2015, 05:12:22 AM
It was meant as a joke really. Back in the days, the entire 83+ math section was just 1 folder and about 100 programs were quadratic solvers. So many were uploaded that ticalc once stopped accepting new ones, except the grayscale one was let in since it was meant to be a parody of the lack of originality on ticalc.org.

It actually came out shortly after the grayscale number guessing game.

Don't forget about the most important Quadratic Solver. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wow I totally forgot about that Flappy Bird clone. Probably due to being unable to run it on this computer, though. :P

However, before Flappy Bird, there was the quadratic solver+guessing game combined together. :P