Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CodeWalrus SMF upgrade

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 12, 2019, 08:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

As you have noticed, our SMF install was upgraded to 2.1 RC2 and it will be upgraded to 2.1 as soon as it's out. This is because SMF 2.1 RC1 and RC2 came out several years earlier than we expected, eliminating the need to switch forum softwares entirely (for now, at least... we were even offered money to migrate to Tapatalk, but refused).

As a result, some features might be missing, as they were provided by third-party plugins. The default theme will be adapted so that the borders are green with no rounded edges, with the original CW logo or a banner at the top.

Since WalrusIRC is missing right now, here is the Discord URL: https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (which lets you use more than one CodeWalrus chat room).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I am tempted to keep this theme because it fits kinda well with the rest. It's basically SMF default, but with no rounded edge and different sidebar colors.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Yeah, I like that theme too, we just need to change the colors a bit. I liked the rounded edges, though, but eh, your call.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

gameblabla

Just noticed the SMF upgrade as well. I thought you had switched to phpBB instead but this will do nice at least.
I like the new theme too. (Kind of a shame though that it does not use all of my estate screen on a desktop)

EDIT: Unfortunately my profile picture is now gone. Tried to upload a new one but it doesn't work.
It only works if you use an URL link. Uploading an avatar won't work. Permissions errors perhaps ?

Also you guys said that IRC is not working but it definitely is. Something you fixed quickly it seems then.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah @Juju probably needs to fix some permission issues on the server or something in the server config. As for IRC it was just a matter of adding WalrusIRC on the website.