Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Why does Recent Posts always go to the last post?

Started by JosJuice, January 06, 2015, 01:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JosJuice

Hi! I didn't see any general site help topic, so I thought I could make a topic about this problem I've been having. Like with most forums I'm on, I try to read all new posts, and I've been using Recent Posts to do this. However, when I click a topic link, my browser always scrolls down to the last post in the topic, regardless of how many unread posts there are, which makes it annoying to keep track of what I need to read to catch up. Am I doing something wrong, or is this not working like it should? I've also tried clicking the "New" button instead of the topic links, but it doesn't seem to be clickable.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

novenary

Well, it's more the fact that the mod we currently use for the recent posts list that's kinda crappy. We asked the Omni team permission to use theirs but they didn't reply yet.

Dream of Omnimaga

We tried to ask permission to Omnimaga to use Cooliojazz's recent posts mod one month ago, but their admins have yet to take a decision.

And the default SimplePortal mod is buggy as it only shows a random amount of new posts ranging from about 29 to 32.

If someone can contribute their own, let us know.

On a side note, welcome to the forums JosJuice. Feel free to introduce yourself here. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U