* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Board and IRC Rules  (Read 21415 times)

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +97/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Re: Board and IRC Rules
« on: February 04, 2015, 10:29:59 pm »
Bump, that reminds me I still need to update the first post of this topic with the dutch rules and eventually write French ones.

Also, to clarify on rule #4 about advertising, I would like to make it clear that while blatant advertising is not allowed (eg posting only to lure people into buying products or signing up to another service or website), other websites might have plenty of useful downloads and help of any sort for our visitors and members, and there are members who will prefer one site to another. In no way shall CodeWalrus staff or its members use personal bias to silence or discourage other users from mentionning one or more site names or links in particular. The only exception is if the said site hosts illegal content such as copyrighted MP3s and paid softwares offered for free, but even then, if the website is programming enthusiasts community or archives we will try to only censor direct links to the offending content and links to directories containing such content.

Also, regarding rule #1 and 2, I want to remind every visitor and user that what is being posted on CodeWalrus by our members and staff does not necessarily represent CodeWalrus nor its administration as a whole. If anyone has a problem with something said by one or more website members on the forums or IRC, then we heavily encourage you to stick around anyway and see if reporting the issue to a website staff (those in green-colored nicknames) might address the problem. And most importantly, the majority of our fanbase, as well as the entire CodeWalrus staff, do not speak English as their native language, so we encourage members to not jump to conclusions about what people said nor their intentions.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:32:15 pm by DJ Omnimaga »
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games