Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[ti-84+ce]Age of CEmpires I

Started by PT_, January 03, 2017, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PT_

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 04, 2017, 09:43:08 PM
By the way, will there be a mini-map?
Definitely! I'm going to add a gameplay GUI, if you press [MODE] you will get there, and from there, you can see the minimap, you can build houses, etc.

Btw, I've moved off from C, it's for me too hard to learn. Instead I will program this in ASM, but with the C libs included. I'm already at the stage I was in C.

tr1p1ea

Interesting that you moved from C to ASM due to ease of programming :).

Have you any updated animated screenshots?

PT_

Quote from: tr1p1ea on January 04, 2017, 10:12:52 PM
Interesting that you moved from C to ASM due to ease of programming :).

Have you any updated animated screenshots?
:P The one I posted is still the latest one, as I didn't add anything else, other than buildings

p2

there as an HD remake of Aoe2, only 1-2 weeks ago another extension was published (I made a post somewhere...)
but I suppose you use the basic low res tiles? :)
(of AoE2 not AoE1, right?)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

PT_

Quote from: p2 on January 04, 2017, 10:16:02 PM
there as an HD remake of Aoe2, only 1-2 weeks ago another extension was published (I made a post somewhere...)
but I suppose you use the basic low res tiles? :)
(of AoE2 not AoE1, right?)
I'm making an AoE2 port, and since I don't have the HD version (yet), I'm making the old one.

Snektron

Looking really promesing. I wonder if you'll be able to finish it (im not sure how big AoE2 is :P).
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

PT_

Progress so far:

- Rendering of all the buildings is ready, I only need to add one thing, and that is when the building is entirely offscreen, it would skip the decompression + displaying part, to save speed.
- Resources (Wood, food, gold, stone) + population/max population at the top of the screen.

The crash at the end only happened special for this screenshot.

Oh, and my lil' bro said the lumbercamp and the miningcamp are 2x2 tiles, so I need to change that.

kotu

meh

think a population max of around 50 would be better for the calc?
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

PT_

Well, speed is a real struggle, but I got it working ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry about the speed. This looks really great, though. You might have to use shortcuts such as storing buildings directly inside the map data so you only have 1 layer of stuff to draw. @tr1p1ea  once made an isometric tilemapper on the CSE once that had multiple layers, though, so maybe he could help you?

Or you could make the buildings smaller.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Im Not sure about that, how big would the speed improvment be in you resized all tiles to 50% size?? Generally speaking that should be a good idea as there would be only very fes buildings ob the screen Art once...
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

how about a building drop game where you have to drop buildings on large gangs of aoe priests??
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

p4nix

Quote from: p2 on January 05, 2017, 08:31:45 PM
Im Not sure about that, how big would the speed improvment be in you resized all tiles to 50% size?? Generally speaking that should be a good idea as there would be only very fes buildings ob the screen Art once...
If my brain is working correctly right now, reducing the size of the tiles doesn't reduce the time it needs to fill a screen with x*y tiles. If I'm not wrong it probably only makes it worse :trollface: (except he has to load tiles OTF, but that's too MLG)... I'm just asking myself, depending on how this isometric thing is written, if you actually have to 'overdraw' the edges? I guess non-isometric would be faster, but also not as 1337...
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

tr1p1ea

Im sure things can be sped up with some optimising ... though those are some big sprites to be drawing :(.

This is in ASM, but using CE libs for the drawing functions?

xMarminq_

You could just pull a super mario bros 2 and make a few sprites to a building
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations