Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] Oiram CE

Started by MateoConLechuga, September 10, 2016, 07:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: xlibman on August 04, 2017, 07:10:10 PM
Quote from: MateoConLechuga on August 02, 2017, 11:48:31 PM
This is a known issue. You can track it here:

https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/oiram/issues/2

Basically; TI broke support for Oiram. Would you mind posting your revision ID code just to be sure?
That sucks D: Is that fixable and what hardware change did happen?

Also, is Oiram the only program affected?
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Lionel Debroux

Nope. All programs which use the same way to redefine interrupt handlers, e.g. for reading the keyboard, are affected.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Darn that sucks. I hope it's fixable. The sucky part is especially those programs that are no longer maintained by their respective authors and (if any) are closed source.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Once the proper fix is found though (might be a matter of "just" a few bytes) it should be fixable even for close source stuff - I'm not sure there are that many programs affected anyway, let alone closed-source ones.
But yeah "that sucks". At least it was caught relatively early thanks to user reports, pretty much all in a few days. Hopefully things will be all good for when school starts or so.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm definitively curious if any program I made is affected, as two of my games use ICE Compiler, which is heavily based around the C libraries. I doubt First Fantasy and Wal-Rush now fails since they use TI-BASIC key input but I hope TI doesn't change anything else that could break compatibility (remember the missing 84+ RAM pages in 2007?)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

I have an issue. My project Super Marm World has hit a serious roadblock. The first level is corrupted and impossible, and guess what? I think I got there by inserting a new level into the 5th slot of 8 levels. So I was like "Maybe if I change a tile like Oiram's position by one tile up, it will fix the level". So I did that. Didn't fix a thing. And  guess what? THE PACK WON"T OPEN IN ANY OIRAM EDITOR VERSION ANYMORE!!! I really need help w/ this. If anyone knows how to fix this is @MateoConLechuga. Mateo, if you can change Oiram's position down one again PLEASE send it back to me. Here is the file of the corrupted world:
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

TheLastMillennial

Calm down @xMarminq_ , this isn't entirely hopeless. Do you have any stray backups? Can you extract the .8xv from your calculator? If worse comes to worse, you can always re-download the program from the archives, load that, then rebuild the new levels. Don't worry, we'll it working again!  :thumbsup: famous last words...
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime G2, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-34, Boring Sharp calculator

Thank you for your time, go make a paradox, have a good day.

xMarminq_

No backups, only copies are on my calc/com but those are the bad ones, extract doesn't work from com or calc, re-download doesn't work AND I downloaded the latest editor.

F***

TheLastMillennial

Wha-what? How could re-downloading not work? Have you tried ~powercycle? (I dunno if this works in CW IRC)
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime G2, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-34, Boring Sharp calculator

Thank you for your time, go make a paradox, have a good day.

xMarminq_

On my other computer here. Guess what I found. An 11k 6 level copy of my pack, no joke. The thing is is that the airship level is pretty big and it would be a shame to do it over. First to reply what they want I'll do it. It's getting late here and I have a flight tomorrow...

Adriweb

I suppose it might not be too hard for @MateoConLechuga to debug/step-through the editor's loading function to see at which point the file is corrupt. One byte is probably enough to make the whole thing "crash".
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

xMarminq_

It probably is! Mat could try to move Oiram's spawn in the first lvl down a tile, if that's what you meant. (Not resolved)

xMarminq_

MateoConLechuga

If you wouldn't mind sending  me the 11KB 6 level pack you found I can fix this all pretty easily. Sorry about the wait I've been rather busy myself...

xMarminq_

It's ok. I'm currently on a phone and gmail isn't being so great so maybe in 2 hours I'll have the unfinished file posted on my Super Mark World thread. Thank you in advance for helping me with my problem.