Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Custom Server

Started by Jokeriske, April 04, 2016, 07:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on May 18, 2016, 11:29:25 PM
Eh, that seems like a good budget, I'll try to design it for ya and tell you about any problems. I'll start with having a max of like 32 players on each server.

Also, what Battlefield game?

EDIT: Wait, apparently you have to be some type of hosting partner with EA to have a battlefield server...
         http://pcpartpicker.com/p/czz4t6 is the link to the design and we are looking at about €726... But I can drop that a little bit...
Nice, could you help me design a PC? Mine is getting old and I want a template to work off of ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, I hope you have some plans for ventilation, because a server room will definitively get very hot with no air conditioning.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Jokeriske

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on May 18, 2016, 11:29:25 PM
Eh, that seems like a good budget, I'll try to design it for ya and tell you about any problems. I'll start with having a max of like 32 players on each server.

Also, what Battlefield game?

EDIT: Wait, apparently you have to be some type of hosting partner with EA to have a battlefield server...
         http://pcpartpicker.com/p/czz4t6 is the link to the design and we are looking at about €726... But I can drop that a little bit...

Thanks for making a list for me, i really apriciate it :) , oh i didin't knew you had to become a partner O.o

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 19, 2016, 03:50:26 PM
On a side note, I hope you have some plans for ventilation, because a server room will definitively get very hot with no air conditioning.

Yeah i have plans for that too :)

SiphonicSugar

Hey, I'm going to work on bringing the price of that down, so.. yeah.  ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Jokeriske

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on May 19, 2016, 10:07:05 PM
Hey, I'm going to work on bringing the price of that down, so.. yeah.  ;)

alright :)